Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

Was at a T's yesterday returning something and the manager told me a week left on the sale.   Maybe @KathyPet knows something different but that's what I was told.  

It's 60% off clearance prices now with no additional 5% off for using the card.  Wonder if it will go down to 70%.   There was slim pickens left at the store I was in...which was a little one.

@gidgetgh  @jonbon  and others

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Was at a T's yesterday returning something and the manager told me a week left on the sale.   Maybe @KathyPet knows something different but that's what I was told.  

It's 60% off clearance prices now with no additional 5% off for using the card.  Wonder if it will go down to 70%.   There was slim pickens left at the store I was in...which was a little one.

@gidgetgh  @jonbon  and others

@Pearlee- the two stores that I go to still have a ton left. I, thankfully, am done now till the new fall clothes. Which will probably be next week!  LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I was surprised at how little fall was out in this store.  But again, it's a tiny store.   

I saw a necklace for fall in a larger T's earlier in the week (this one didn't have it out) that is absolutely gorgeous, partly because it was in silvertone and not that too-yellow goldtone T usually uses.  It's the Flower and Crystal necklace and already has two great reviews.  I won't pay the original price but may buy  with a discount (expect a good one for Labor Day) and rewards.  It looks very vintage in person and much prettier than in the photo. Loving the silvertone and the stones are gorgeous (not really navy despite the description but a deep sapphire blue).  A statement necklace for sure. It's under new arrivals in accessories:

talbotsnecklace.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- of course I just remembered that I've already bought two Talbots things for fall. 

The Earl Grey boyfriend jeans and the gray jeggings. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

And, in approximately the amount of time it would take you to sneeze, I ordered the black weekend chinos!

@gidgetgh  Have you worn your black chinos yet?  

Am trying to decide whether to keep mine or return - my bill is due in a couple of days. 

The black ones fit in my size, but a little snugger than usual. Tried the next size up and they were much too big.  I even exchanged my first black pair in my size for one that fit a little better (they are varying in how they fit in the same size).   

Was wondering how you are liking them, if you've worn them.  Since I have other black pants, am trying to decide how much use I'd get out of these.   I do really like their length on me!  Perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

Copies of the September catalog have arrived at the store.  I don't know when you will see them in your mailbox but you best start to save your money because IMHO the merchandise shown in the Sept. catalog is the best collection I have seen in a long time!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

And, in approximately the amount of time it would take you to sneeze, I ordered the black weekend chinos!

@gidgetgh  Have you worn your black chinos yet?  

Am trying to decide whether to keep mine or return - my bill is due in a couple of days. 

The black ones fit in my size, but a little snugger than usual. Tried the next size up and they were much too big.  I even exchanged my first black pair in my size for one that fit a little better (they are varying in how they fit in the same size).   

Was wondering how you are liking them, if you've worn them.  Since I have other black pants, am trying to decide how much use I'd get out of these.   I do really like their length on me!  Perfect.

@Pearlee- I haven't had the opportunity to wear them yet. I wear jeans unless I have to dress for something dressier and that hasn't happened yet. 

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Copies of the September catalog have arrived at the store.  I don't know when you will see them in your mailbox but you best start to save your money because IMHO the merchandise shown in the Sept. catalog is the best collection I have seen in a long time!

@KathyPet- do you know if the embroidered jeans are in the catalog?

Esteemed Contributor

NOpe, not in the Sept catalog.  maybe they will show up in Oct.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

NOpe, not in the Sept catalog.  maybe they will show up in Oct.

@KathyPet- Thanks!