Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

For those of you who are fans of the weekend chino, as I am, there is a new color now, the long-awaited black!  I saw it in the stores a few days ago and loved it but they didn't have my size in stock so I  had to order it online.  They are on a summer special now at $59.50 which is $20 off the regular price plus another 5% off with the T card.  I haven't received mine yet but black - how could I go wrong?  It's not a clearance price, just a summer sale price.

@gidgetgh  I just tried on my black chinos which I received from Talbots a few days ago.  I wear a regular in weekend chinos, not petite as I do in some of T's pants (jeans).  Well, these are shorter in the rise than most of my other weekend chinos (I tried on a few others of mine right after these to make sure it wasn't my imagination).  Not sure yet whether I will keep or maybe even try a different pair in the same size.  I do like them otherwise but a "too short rise" usually bothers me.  Did you find that too?  Again, it could be just this one pair; different pairs can fit differently even in the exact same size I've discovered.

@gidgetgh  I tried on a pair of the black weekend chinos at a store yesterday and they fit much better (same size) as the ones I received from the company - the ones where the rise is too short.  So I bought the ones last night at the same summer sale price and extra 5% off and will return the ones I got from the website.   Glad to have found a pair that are more comfortable.

When I was at that store, the manager and I chatted for a while. He was putting out the New Arrival August clothing and told me he's very surprised that the RH sale is ending so soon today.  He said it usually lasts longer and that much of what he was putting out is still for summer.

Last day for the red hanger sale everyone! 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- I'm glad you found a pair of chinos that fit better!

I guess I need to take one more look through the red hanger items. I was on the fence on two. I guess today is decision day. 

I have my 25% off a regular priced item and might use it for one of the new arrivals. I don't know that I'll go to the store today, but will definitely get there tomorrow. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  If you look at the RH sale items on the site, there is a link for the recent additions to the sale.   Over the weekend I looked at it and there were a few things I hadn't seen before on the RH sale that were added to it.

Honored Contributor

I went back and forth for a few days, but just ordered the V neck sweater in black. I already own that sweater in two other colors and I like it, for winter. 

I hesitated because I don't usually wear solid black tops.  Hopefully I'll find some gray pants for winter and I can wear it with that. 

Hoping that as we approach fall and winter, they'll bring back my favorite pants, the Dalton pants. 

Valued Contributor

I have a few pairs of the Dalton pants.  They are so comfortable to wear in fall and winter. Today  i ordered the mirrored-floral sheath in indigo and ivory this final day of the sale since it was such a great price.  I wish it was not dry clean. 

Earlier this year I ordered Sketched Orchid Maxi Dress which is a washable knit.

I also ordered the Three-Quarter Sleeve Embroidered Tree of Life Tunic in Indigo today.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was half expecting an email this morning saying T's had extended the Red Hanger sale, even after a bazillion emails warning yesterday was the last day.   But T's didn't!

I was a little surprised at that, maybe because I saw over the weekend how much was left at stores.

Oh well....25% off (the new offer)  is not nearly enough off for me.  Not when later in the season I can get a dress for example for over $100 off the original price (as I've done twice now during the RH sale and there's plenty of warm weather left in which to wear them!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I was half expecting an email this morning saying T's had extended the Red Hanger sale, even after a bazillion emails warning yesterday was the last day.   But T's didn't!

I was a little surprised at that, maybe because I saw over the weekend how much was left at stores.

Oh well....25% off (the new offer)  is not nearly enough off for me.  Not when later in the season I can get a dress for example for over $100 off the original price (as I've done twice now during the RH sale and there's plenty of warm weather left in which to wear them!

@Pearlee- they were still showing the red hanger sale this morning online, but without the additional 15% off. I always find that interesting. If it didn't sell with the additional 15% off, then it's not going to sell at a higher price.  Weird thinking on their part. 

The store ore closest to me had tons of stuff left. I quickly looked through and they still had some really nice things left. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Yeah, I figured that summer stuff would still be on sale, but not as cheap.  I wouldn't buy it now if I could have gotten it at 15% + another 5% off a few days ago!

I bought plenty anyway, and don't need any more.  Just as well that the RH deal isn't as good. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Today only - online and in stores - additional 60% off clearance shoes and accessories plus an extra 5% off for using the Talbots card.

Honored Contributor

An additional 60% off the clearance price when you purchase two or more items and another 5% off for using the T card.

Now thru Sunday