Respected Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

Honestly, I was more interested in the August preview.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  Well, there were several things I wanted, including a pair of curvey jeans (a dupe for one I have but at this price can't resist)....but the twirly thing kept happening and I just couldn't advance on the site.  So I have several things I want (including a scarf) but here's my plan: I'm going to peruse the site late tonight and hopefully it will be better and then try to order some things shortly after midnight.  I did want to see everything this morning before things got wiped out but the site was horrible - I kept getting the twirly thing.

Just after my post above about the site freezing, I did call and orally place an order for one thing that I just had to have before it was gone.  I decided to reorder the Boho Chic maxi dress at this even lower price than I got and use a reward on it too. I know I love the dress and have the right size here at home.  I will use my receipt from the first one to return the new one coming.     So I'll be getting it for all of $25.00.  However, I will also consider keeping it as a second one or backup - I like the dress that much. At any rate, I ordered the maxi dress I bought in-store a couple of weeks ago. 

But as I say, there are several more things I want --- if they are still available.

Did you get anything?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

P..S. to my post - before the site froze up on me, I saw a really cute pair of eyelet sneakers!  Check them out! 

Esteemed Contributor

@bluehydrangea wrote:

I am buying more and more from Talbots ... they carry plus petite ... perfection!!!

Plus Petite in pants and skirts is pure perfection for me!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@peachesncream wrote:

I've read a lot of articles about "retailers closing stores in 2017" and I don't see Talbots in any of them. They did have some closings in previous years, but that seems to have leveled off.

Talbots isn't a publicly owned company anymore; it's privately held. There isn't a stock price to follow or an easy way to see how they are doing. 

I really hope that Talbots stays healthy and succeeds. My recent irritation with them is hopefully short lived. I'm hoping that fall and winter will bring heavier fabrics and some styles I'll love.

The great thing about smaller retailers is that they carry a curated collection. I can go in the store or look online and not be overwhelmed with hundreds or thousands of options. 

This is why I really do care about smaller retailers. If they can develop a reliable brand and consistently deliver quality and value, they can be a godsend to the consumer. Also, having bricks and mortar stores where clothes can be tried on is a big boon to customers.

TAlbot's sales were up 2.3% in 2016 over 2015.  NOt great but considering the drop in sales by other retailers that's not bad.  I would not pay any attention to any closing rumors you may hear.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee I think I'm done.  Well, never say never, but I'm really looking toward fall now.

I did see something in the August preview I'm interested in, but I'm waiting for a % off flash sale.  I did get a coupon yesterday, in with an order for 25% off a regular priced item.  That starts in a few days.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

@Pearlee, I got 4 items at the 70% off (plus 5% for credit card). All were tops. Crewneck cable sweater, ottoman cartigan in 2 colors, and the striped rose/navy jacket that's been around since spring. I loved it the first time I saw it! I bought a larger than normal size (all they had available), but will alter if necessary..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldenmoher Congrats on your purchases (by the way, is your correct size in that jacket on the site?)  

I was at a brick and mortar T store this afternoon and got a few things myself!  I bought something way out of the box for me - I really like it on me (so did the clerks) -the colors look great on me, it fit me to a "tee" and it was very comfortable and flattering.  However, both the pattern and the shirtwaist style (which I probably haven't worn for 40-plus years) are sooooo not me!  I dress mostly in LOGO and this dress is so traditional.  But it felt and looked really good; I'm just not sure I'll wear it but will force myself to be a little different LOL!   It was under $50 with all the discounts..   

I also bought a scarf and several white tank tops (I bought several of the same ones because they fit great, are comfy,  I wear white tanks really often esp. since I have some see-through tops I need them for, and the tanks were under  $10 a piece).

My new dress.  I'd seen people all season long try it on in the dressing room and look really good in it; I guess I did too, much to my surprise.  Again, though, it's so not "me."  There is even a small ruffle (eek!) around the V neckline that you can't really see in the photo.

@gidgetgh  too

Floral paisley shirtdress:

floral paisley shirdress.jpg

Super Contributor

@Pearlee, Great dress! Really pretty colors. No, there is only 1 size left in the jacket, and that is 1-2 larger than my normal size. But at the reduced price, it's so worth it to try and alter if possible. 

Honored Contributor

@Goldenmoher Thank you about the dress!  Funny, when I posted the pic into my post, I thought - oh, those are pretty colors!  I think I like it better in my post than I did in the dressing room!  LOL Smiley Happy