Respected Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger Sale Is On!

I haven't ordered much -- a blue and white striped tee (my daughter would say, "Mom -- you do NOT need another blue and white striped tee!" It's a weakness of mine Smiley Happy), a pair of frayed denim boyfriend shorts (not too hopeful they will fit -- I don't do well with the "boyfriend" cut, but I thought I'd try them since I have free shipping and they were cute), and for my 30% off item, a bandana printed popover top (a slimmer style -- too much fabric does not work well for me!). Awaiting the "transition" to early fall items!!

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I haven't ordered much -- a blue and white striped tee (my daughter would say, "Mom -- you do NOT need another blue and white striped tee!" It's a weakness of mine Smiley Happy), a pair of frayed denim boyfriend shorts (not too hopeful they will fit -- I don't do well with the "boyfriend" cut, but I thought I'd try them since I have free shipping and they were cute), and for my 30% off item, a bandana printed popover top (a slimmer style -- too much fabric does not work well for me!). Awaiting the "transition" to early fall items!!

@jonbon- a few months ago, I was at Talbots with my sister and when she was buyting another striped tee, she said the same thing.  She has a weakness for striped tees in general.  And I have to say, more than my fair share has crept into my wardrobe this year.  Which one did you get?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@jonbon- a few months ago, I was at Talbots with my sister and when she was buyting another striped tee, she said the same thing.  She has a weakness for striped tees in general.  And I have to say, more than my fair share has crept into my wardrobe this year.  Which one did you get?

My actual weakness is for navy, and it often translates into somewhat "nautical" striped items. I have a Talbots navy and white striped ponte knit blazer/jacket from several seasons back that I absolutely love (for one thing, it has a much slimmer cut than many of their current jackets and blazers -- they're almost all too boxy around the torso for me these days, which means I miss out on lots of cute styles). Earlier this year I got this one:

ProductOverlay2-1.jpeg

The one I just ordered is this one:

ProductOverlay2.jpeg

I actually just received these Keds, too (on sale!):

WF56441_A.jpeg

(I don't wear my stripes together, though! -- I would never wear these shoes with a striped top, for example.)

Honored Contributor

@jonbon  I own the one you just ordered and like it.  

Honored Contributor

Stop shopping the sale now, ladies.   Just got my new post card and yes indeedy, prices are falling.

From June 29th - July 4th,  an additional 50% off the clearance price of two or more items or an additional 40% off the clearance price of one item (who would do that? one item?)  plus another 5% off with the Talbots card.   

I'm glad I haven't shopped for anything yet from the RH sale!

Super Contributor

I was able to purchase a green cotton shirt, whits blouse and beaded knit sweater.   Score!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Stop shopping the sale now, ladies.   Just got my new post card and yes indeedy, prices are falling.

From June 29th - July 4th,  an additional 50% off the clearance price of two or more items or an additional 40% off the clearance price of one item (who would do that? one item?)  plus another 5% off with the Talbots card.   

Correction to the above!   The info above is correct from the post card I received in the mail yesterday.  However, per an email I received, the above starts today, June 27th.  I'm assuming that's for the cardholders and the post card was for the general public?

Anyway, my email says it's from June 27-July 4th!  If you aren't a cardholder I don't know what the situation is for you.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a few more items this morning.  Boy, was their server overwhelmed. It took forever to load the pages and when I hit the submit order button, I never did get the order confirmed screen. It got hung. I let it sit there and it timed out and I thought hmm.... now what?

but then I got the confirmation email so the order went through. 

I ordered another bateau neck 3/4 sleeve tee and a heather gray 3/4 sleeve tee. AND ordered the sterling silver, lever back teardrop earrings. 

The tee shirts came to @$11.50 each and I think the earrings came to $13 something. I'm going to give those as a Christmas gift. 

I got the extra % off for using my Talbots card.

If anyone doesn't like Talbots regular prices, you should take a look now. Those tee shirts for a little more than $11 are a great deal. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I think I'm going to buy a pair of those SS earrings to give as gifts too! Thanks for the idea.

I don't look good in bateau necks so I'll pass on that but those are a great deal!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Correction to the above!   The info above is correct from the post card I received in the mail yesterday.  However, per an email I received, the above starts today, June 27th.  I'm assuming that's for the cardholders and the post card was for the general public?

Anyway, my email says it's from June 27-July 4th!  If you aren't a cardholder I don't know what the situation is for you.

Sometimes you have to strike a balance. Yes, the prices will continue to fall, but sizes and colors are beginning to sell out already. So, if there's something I really want, 30% off with the additional 10% for using my card is OK with me. If I'm just looking through to see if there's anything else I've thought about in the past or might consider for the right price, I'm willing to wait!