Honored Contributor

Talbot's Red Hanger After Christmas Sale

Just in time for this big blowout, I received in the mail within the past couple of days:  two $25 reward certificates and a 15% off my entire purchase card.  Whoohoo! I'm ready!

Please post your Red Hanger "finds" here! I'd love to know what people are finding as huge bargains.

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Red Hanger After Christmas Sale

[ Edited ]

Ya gotta be first and ya gotta be fast ;o)  

Merry Christmas everyone. 

Everything is coming up roses for me.  I've wanted the 2 roses items since their debut and now the price was right (plus I had $50 in rewards to spend).  I only had an extra 10% off as I am not at the highest level credit card.

The Classic Casual Shirt Buffalo Plaid

Shirt.jpg

Charming Cardian (my work uniform) - Merino Roses

Cardi.jpg

Rose Sheath Dress

Dress.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I bought the rose sheath dress also in a woman's 14w which is a size smaller than I,usually wear.  I have not bought a dress,in a long time but this was so pretty,and flattering.

Honored Contributor

I have to go up a size in Talbots dresses so that it fits on top and then I have the bottom altered and shortened by about 1/2" or so.  Because the bottom is solid black, it should not be a problem taking it up.  

That's why I have to really love a dress and it has to be a good price in order to make it worth altering.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

That rose sheath dress is lovely. I've been tempted!

Last week I got a couple of double face jackets at the Talbots Outlet for $59 each. I couldn't believe that price and that they had them in my size.  

Looking forward to the Red Hanger Sale!  Not sure what I'll get, but with Talbots I know it will be quality and something I will enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I have to go up a size in Talbots dresses so that it fits on top and then I have the bottom altered and shortened by about 1/2" or so.  Because the bottom is solid black, it should not be a problem taking it up.  

That's why I have to really love a dress and it has to be a good price in order to make it worth altering.

Yes at 5 ft 4 it is a little longer than I would like so I will have my seamstress shorten slightly

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  Sorry to have misled you.  I only get an extra 10% off for having the Talbot's credit card. But I got a special card in the mail relating to something else that is another 15% off one entire purchase one time.   I should have been clearer; but the things I was describing in my first post above were "above and beyond" Talbot's promos just in relation to me.   I still get the "general public" promos also which for me is an additional 10% for using my T's credit card, just like you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for clarifying @Pearlee  I know that certain credit card levels get free shipping all the time and I imagine other perks.

I'm not at that level.  I was back in the day, before they went through their "Abercrombie" period.  Now that they have gotten back to classic clothing, I am buying a lot more.  I hope to be at that level again some day.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

That's why I have to really love a dress and it has t@o be a good price in order to make it worth altering.

Yes at 5 ft 4 it is a little longer than I would like so I will have my seamstress shorten slightly

@KathyPet  I'm 5'4" as well and it is amazing how 1/2" on a dress or skirt can be the difference between dowdy and perfect.  

Don't get me started on sleeves.  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35  In fact, I did just get my credit card "upped" to the next level (I think it's called Premirer or Prestige or something with a "P") fairly recently a couple of months ago.   And it's great that yes, now I get free S&H no matter what size my order.   That said, that "upping" didn't have anything to do with that 15% of mentioned.   I will say it's nice to have that card and the perks- they sent me a new goldish colored card.  Maybe that "P" card is really the Perks card!  haha   And even us "upped" cardholders only get an extra 10% off the clearance prices.