Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's New Spring Clothes

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee- I was just thinking back to @KathyPet post from 2/10 telling us about the sale stuff being pulled after Monday. 

Now, not till March?  I don't even go to the clearance section anymore. I feel like I know those clothes by heart by now, LOL. Time to get them out of there. 

Got the new catalog today with the 25% off total purchase starting 2/21. 

@gidgetgh  Yeah, I remember her post, but I had already been told before that by the manager that the clearance would be in our stores through the end of February, so I mentally questioned her post and thought "well, we'll see."

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  And others....

Well, I won't be going to see what's 25% off on Tuesday.   I returned something on Saturday (brand new with tags, well within my allotted return period) at the T's  - our largest - where they had tipped me off about Tuesday's deal and urged me to come.  

But the snotty lady (I tried to avoid her) who took my return said something really snarky to me, which totally put me off to shopping at Talbot's for a long time.   I may even call T headquarters about it tomorrow.   Everyone but her in that store is very gracious about returns - she needn't have mouthed off to me.   

Oh well, that'll save me money.  I wanted more than 25% off to buy anything new anyway!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  And others....

Well, I won't be going to see what's 25% off on Tuesday.   I returned something on Saturday (brand new with tags, well within my allotted return period) at the T's  - our largest - where they had tipped me off about Tuesday's deal and urged me to come.  

But the snotty lady (I tried to avoid her) who took my return said something really snarky to me, which totally put me off to shopping at Talbot's for a long time.   I may even call T headquarters about it tomorrow.   Everyone but her in that store is very gracious about returns - she needn't have mouthed off to me.   

Oh well, that'll save me money.  I wanted more than 25% off to buy anything new anyway!

@Pearlee- I'm so sorry that happened. You should definitely say something. A few years ago, in one of the stores close to me, there was an associate who was just really unpleasant. On multiple visits never said hello to me even when I'd say hello, never thanked me, never asked if I needed help. Nothing. Totally different than the other associates.  And I knew it wasn't a physical issue with her because I'd heard her speak.  And I'm pleasant and talkative and chatty to everyone. Finally one day, when she was pretty much shadowing me silently through the store, I pulled the manager aside and quietly voiced my displeasure and frustration.  The manager was surprised. I was very polite and told her that she didn't have to be chatty with me but a hello and thank you would be good. And that I didn't appreciate being shadowed in the store. 

Next time I was there, she was a little better, but she left about three months later. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I have no doubt that you are pleasant and chatty with everyone (like here!) Smiley Happy

So glad she left.

I'm surprised this woman is a lower-level manager there.  How she attained that mystifies me.  I think I'll call T's CS tomorrow and have a little chat.....

Thanks for your story.   I agree that generally the T's clerks are very nice indeed.  My only other "issue" with a few of them is spending too much time talking to their customers whom they know personally, while others need to be helped in some way.   But I can live with that - I'm not usually in a hurry.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

So I was at another T's today.  My regular sales person told me they are rolling out tons of  spring clothes (many more than are already out) on Tuesday and she urged me to stop in because it will be 25% off my entire purchase (I assume she meant spring purchase - full price items).   I commented that that wasn't enough percentage off for me; that by the time I got to actually wear these clothes in warmer weather, they'll be cheaper than 25% off.   Her reply was to come in and have fun and try things on anyway. Good sales tactic - hard to just walk away from things you like!  

@FYI @gidgetgh   @jonbon   @KathyPet and other Talbot's regulars.   25% off your purchase on Tuesday - at least in store.

So who is going to a Talbots store tomorrow?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

So I was at another T's today.  My regular sales person told me they are rolling out tons of  spring clothes (many more than are already out) on Tuesday and she urged me to stop in because it will be 25% off my entire purchase (I assume she meant spring purchase - full price items).   I commented that that wasn't enough percentage off for me; that by the time I got to actually wear these clothes in warmer weather, they'll be cheaper than 25% off.   Her reply was to come in and have fun and try things on anyway. Good sales tactic - hard to just walk away from things you like!  

@FYI @gidgetgh   @jonbon   @KathyPet and other Talbot's regulars.   25% off your purchase on Tuesday - at least in store.

@Pearlee- maybe me, to the store closest to our house. They didn't have too many new things out late last week.  There are about 4 things I'd like to look at.  And I have to call in the morning for my price adjustments. 

Did you call their corporate office today?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee- maybe me, to the store closest to our house. They didn't have too many new things out late last week.  There are about 4 things I'd like to look at.  And I have to call in the morning for my price adjustments. 

Did you call their corporate office today?

@gidgetgh  No. I thought about calling today, but a couple of unexpected things came up and I had to leave the house for most of the day.   I probably will tomorrow and even mention that I had intended to go to a (that one actually) store on Tuesday but now am not.

Esteemed Contributor

I worked till closing today and as the AM and I were closing out the registers our night set up,crew were arriving to pull all the clearance merchandise and move it to,the stock room in preparation for packaging it up,to,go to the clearance center.  The new Feb. merchandise is being put out tonight.

Honored Contributor

And that's my cue to hit the clearance center next weekend ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee   

My suggestion would be for you to discuss the incident with the rude sales associate with the store manager either in person or by phone.  I would think that if she was rude to you she probably has behaved this way with other customers also.  I would give the store manager a chance to handle the situation before you go to Corporate about it.