Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's New Spring Clothes

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  Got a T's post card today.  Just as we thought, the next sale starts March 30th to Apr. 5th, the day after the $20 bucks expire.  Yep! We knew it!

30% off dresses, accessories & footwear.

@Pearlee- thanks. That's not going to help me. Looking for sweaters and tees/knots. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I used my $20 online for the second time

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh   Whoohoo!  Got a good deal today.

I went to a Talbot's a rarely go to because it's in a mall that is always very crowded and parking is an awful scene. There are many other T's near me with much more convenient parking.   But I did go to the mall one today, where the manager and I have become very friendly because he's from my hometown, which isn't where we live now .

So I went and asked him whether he had an item I'd only seen online but never in the stores here (even though it wasn't listed as an online exclusive), thinking I still have today and tomorrow to get $20 off and online I'd seen that it was on sale. The manager said he didn't have it and looked online at what stores do so a store could send it to me, and it's all gone except for online and there are only 9 left in my size.  So he asked "why don't you want to order from online?"  I sheepishly told him I'd already spent the $20 online but they'd emailed me the coupon and I was trying to use it in the store - I told him I had tried already to the online code  a second time and couldn't.

He said, "let me try."  So as store manager he called from the red phone at the store and sure enough - he told them I had brought in a $20 coupon and to take it off and they did!  Whoohoo!  So maybe if you want another item from online and take the coupon to the store, they'll use the red phone to get it for you!  

I am not identifying what the item is, because it's very unique and in fact the manager told me it had only been in store in some regions and the midwest never got it.  Since we have at least one and possibly more Talbot's workers here, I don't want to be identified by having ordered this unique and hard-to-find piece of clothing.  

Honored Contributor

Re: I used my $20 online for the second time

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh   Whoohoo!  Got a good deal today.

I went to a Talbot's a rarely go to because it's in a mall that is always very crowded and parking is an awful scene. There are many other T's near me with much more convenient parking.   But I did go to the mall one today, where the manager and I have become very friendly because he's from my hometown, which isn't where we live now .

So I went and asked him whether he had an item I'd only seen online but never in the stores here (even though it wasn't listed as an online exclusive), thinking I still have today and tomorrow to get $20 off and online I'd seen that it was on sale. The manager said he didn't have it and looked online at what stores do so a store could send it to me, and it's all gone except for online and there are only 9 left in my size.  So he asked "why don't you want to order from online?"  I sheepishly told him I'd already spent the $20 online but they'd emailed me the coupon and I was trying to use it in the store - I told him I had tried already to the online code  a second time and couldn't.

He said, "let me try."  So as store manager he called from the red phone at the store and sure enough - he told them I had brought in a $20 coupon and to take it off and they did!  Whoohoo!  So maybe if you want another item from online and take the coupon to the store, they'll use the red phone to get it for you!  

I am not identifying what the item is, because it's very unique and in fact the manager told me it had only been in store in some regions and the midwest never got it.  Since we have at least one and possibly more Talbot's workers here, I don't want to be identified by having ordered this unique and hard-to-find piece of clothing.  

@Pearlee- great score today!  I'm still thinking about the two items I'm looking at. There's a third, but definitely waiting for a hefty markdown on it. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I'm not the least bit tempted by the latest sale either. 

I hope there's a 40% off one regularly priced item coupon for Easter weekend!  Or something else good.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  I'm not the least bit tempted by the latest sale either. 

I hope there's a 40% off one regularly priced item coupon for Easter weekend!  Or something else good.

@Pearlee- there's a two tone, gold and silver tone stretch bracelet that I might get, but I want to see it in person and, ridiculous as this sounds, I don't want to make a trip to Talbots till the giraffe I'm watching has her calf! Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to go. 

Respected Contributor

I was happy to see dresses and footwear on sale. I'm ordering a pair of espadrilles and trying a couple of dresses I thought were cute.

Respected Contributor

This question may get lost but I'll try to ask about the fit of the KNIT blazer.

Great on line reviews but not much information about sizing. 

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I was happy to see dresses and footwear on sale. I'm ordering a pair of espadrilles and trying a couple of dresses I thought were cute.

@jonbonI was happy to see dresses and footwear on sale too, but for different reasons!  I spent enough on their last two sales and am not interested in dresses and footewear!  YAY Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got this item two or three weeks ago but hadn't yet tried it on and just did.  Much to my great surprise, it's now one of my top-five favorite things from Talbot's!  It's the weekend chino palmetto paisley pants and I just love them.  Unlike @gidgetgh, I've never been much of a paisley gal - never liked it in the 1960s either (I think because my mother's best friend, whom I really disliked, wore it a lot)  I saw these pants online and thought they were interesting - the weekend chinos in a print!  But I thought the print would be too "loud" for me as my thighs are not my best feature and I thought they'd look bigger.

But no!  These pants are such pretty shades of blues and the print is much more subtle than it looks online, I think because the various shades of blue in the pants are very near in color shades so it's pretty and interesting but not at all loud.  They fit perfectly in the missy. As some of you may recall, the weekend chino pants are the first ones, which I "discovered" just last spring, that ever fit me right at Talbot's.  (I have found others since then).  I just love these pretty and interesting pants.  I love all the blue colors in them and - I even like the paisley!  I highly recommend them. (They are on sale).

Honored Contributor

Major bummer!  I am soooooo disappointed in Talbots Easter weekend sale, which is 25%-40% off selected spring items.   Big deal!  First off, the curvy jeans I want aren't on sale at all.  Second, the few other things I've been watching are 25% off.  Since they are tops, they were cheaper a few weeks ago during the 30% off tops sale and were also cheaper than that even when we had the $20 off any item both in the mail and emailed to us, that we could manage to use multiple times.  In other words, for me this is no big sale since nothing I want is yet 40% off.  

Major bummer!  As most of you know, I've been wanting a 40% off one full-priced item post card in the mail to get the curvy jeans I've been wanting in white before they sell out for the season.  Already there are some sizes gone in the petites which is what I need.

I'm so disappointed!  Good things didn't come to those who waited (me!)