Respected Contributor

Talbots has a lot of new merchandise that looks appealing. 

Unfortunately, all of the new styles are excluded from the current "sitewide" promotion. And those are the only ones I'm interested in.

This makes them less competitive with Loft, Ann Taylor, etc., who have true sitewide sales this season.

I hope they expand their sales offerings soon.

Honored Contributor

We should be able to use the discount on 12/25 on the new stuff.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

We should be able to use the discount on 12/25 on the new stuff.

@VaBelle35- what discount on 12/25?  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I think we're getting one of those "Buy one Item at Regular Price 40% off."  Didn't I read that here somewhere?  I thought we get that with each new season.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@gidgetgh  I think we're getting one of those "Buy one Item at Regular Price 40% off."  Didn't I read that here somewhere?  I thought we get that with each new season.

@VaBelle35- I hope so.  I’m interested in a few new arrivals, but holding out for some sort of discount. 

Honored Contributor

Talbots used to have a huge store in the upscale mall a few minutes from my front door, but they closed all 4 showrooms a few years ago.  No loss for me since even their X sizes were cut so that they didn't fit me.

Now, I see they're going to re-open in that mall although in a much smaller space.  I'll take a look when the spring clothes come in - and hope they've done some redesigning. 

Trusted Contributor

Ann Taylor and Loft are lower end  than Talbots so you should not be comparing them.   I would NEVER expect Talbots to put their new arrivals on sale! The rest of their apparel is on sale and applies to this time of year.

Honored Contributor

I think Talbot's has been having terrific sales, just about all year now.

40% off an item, including new, 30% off entire store, 40% off entire store, extra points, rewards certificates, bonus dollars mailed to us, extra 15% one day during your birthday month if you have their credit card.

No complaints from me.

On the new arrivals.  I'm just going to wait and watch a little bit and see if they offer anything on those.  I'm not in a hurry.  I'm looking at items for spring and summer and it's only December.  

Trusted Contributor

Someone had posted a link to a Talbots PR site with new spring clothing and there is a striped top with "hello" written in several languages that is calling my name.  I think that my wallet needs to wait a while though!!

Respected Contributor

Talbots has really spoiled us lately with all the 40-50% off sales and the $20 off coupons etc.  Now they are about to launch the red hanger sale.

In the past, I have waited for the sales/discounts.  But this year, I missed out on a pair of boots and a pair of shoes that sold out almost immediately - at full price (before any of the sales/discounts were applicable).  So I guess if you see something you really really want, it's getting riskier to wait.