Respected Contributor

Re: Talbot's Black Friday Sale!

I bought this with my 50% off coupon.

Scallop-Hem Cape - Black Watch Plaid

Respected Contributor

I'm showing a bit of restraint, because I just placed a rather substantial order at Cole Haan this morning (50% off a bunch of things, 30% off everything else). But, I will be getting a few things at Talbots. Off to plan my strategy!

Respected Contributor

Bought the top yesterday at half price and the shoes today.   Tomorrow.....

sequin top.jpg                                          shoes.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I just love that ski sweater and am thinking about it.

Bought the ski sweater today at 50% off - it's so cute!  Used a reward also.   Came to about $33 with the tax.  So that's two days in a row I've used the 50% in-store; haven't yet used it online.   Can we cardholders use it every day online too, like in the stores does anyone know? The email seems to say that....

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Bought the ski sweater today at 50% off - it's so cute!  Used a reward also.   Came to about $33 with the tax.  So that's two days in a row I've used the 50% in-store; haven't yet used it online.   Can we cardholders use it every day online too, like in the stores does anyone know? The email seems to say that....

Yes you can.  I have.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@lulu1  -  I bought it too!  I'm a 6/8 on top, don't you think a small is the right size?  I wish they'd give garment measurements.  I think I'd be swimming in the medium.  Keeping my fingers crossed it's the right size. 

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Yes you can.  I have.

@Isobel Archer  Great!  Thanks for the reply.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, have you seen the Limited Edition embellished (with bling) jeans? I saw them in person today for the first time; they are available online too.  I liked them but probably won't be getting them.  Will (did) you?

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

@lulu1  -  I bought it too!  I'm a 6/8 on top, don't you think a small is the right size?  I wish they'd give garment measurements.  I think I'd be swimming in the medium.  Keeping my fingers crossed it's the right size. 

@IlliniGirl88

At Talbots I'm almost always a 4.  I ordered small as it is 4-6.  Last year I bought a similar one in black & white and they only had x-small.  It fits but I wish I'd purchased small.  I almost always wear a sweater under my capes.

Honored Contributor

Meant to add to today's post above -- the clerks said that skier sweater is selling out fast.

A lot of our local stores are down to just one or two.  I can see why it's popular.   I was "into" those novelty sweaters a lot formerlybut not lately (I have a lot from QF). However, there is just something about this ski sweater (and I'm not a skiier) that is very well done and very interesting and it's just "winter" rather than holiday-specific.