Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Black Friday Sale!

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  I was thinking.  If you have online access while you are away, you should get that pretty embellished striped top I mentioned in another post, at the 50% off!  If you like bling like the corsage sweater, you'll love it I think.  I really like mine!

@Pearlee- I’ll have my iPad with me and am already gathering all my sales postcards and ads and passwords to take with us so I can shop from our hotel room!  

I tried on the embellished shirt last week.  It’s so pretty but I couldn’t find the right size for me. The extra large was huge on me (yeah!!) and the Large was too small in the arms and chest.  I guess I could have tried the petite extra large on but didn’t think of that. I’ll be close to a Talbots tomorrow so maybe I’ll go in and try that size on. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

Thanks for the heads up! Love Talbots & I have a few items on my wish list ready for the cart Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  I was thinking.  If you have online access while you are away, you should get that pretty embellished striped top I mentioned in another post, at the 50% off!  If you like bling like the corsage sweater, you'll love it I think.  I really like mine!

@Pearlee- I’ll have my iPad with me and am already gathering all my sales postcards and ads and passwords to take with us so I can shop from our hotel room!  

I tried on the embellished shirt last week.  It’s so pretty but I couldn’t find the right size for me. The extra large was huge on me (yeah!!) and the Large was too small in the arms and chest.  I guess I could have tried the petite extra large on but didn’t think of that. I’ll be close to a Talbots tomorrow so maybe I’ll go in and try that size on. 

@gidgetgh  I'm really sorry you didn't find a size that worked out for you, but thanks so much for confirming my own experience; that this top has funky sizing and not the usual.  I did have to try on three sizes and the third was the charm although a tad loose.   I went through all that in my original post about that top.   It is soooo pretty though!   And I don't mind a little wiggle room in it.  Here in the north (where I know you don't live) I'll often be wearing a Logo black open-front cardigan over it or perhaps a black blazer although in warmer weather I will be wearing it on its own.  The large i got is roomy but not too big.  It did fit funny exactly where you said  - on me in the arms and shoulder area.

Honored Contributor

@Illinois8  - as I posted in my first post, the flyer about this deal is in the latest catalog I received. If you are flipping through your catalog to make a wish list you should run into these terms.  They are on a post-card sized insert in the catalog.

Valued Contributor

Just ordered that adorable stand-collar coat in Warm Glow(gold/yellow)! 

$299, for 1/2 price, and I have free shipping!  It's such a pretty color and will be cute for the cool weather to come!

Recently picked up the cardigan with Skiers and Trees and a plaid shirt to go under it, and yesterday the Fa La La Hoiiday Tee! Each item I picked up was on sale and new inventory~

Honored Contributor

@Fifi1 wrote:

Just ordered that adorable stand-collar coat in Warm Glow(gold/yellow)! 

$299, for 1/2 price, and I have free shipping!  It's such a pretty color and will be cute for the cool weather to come!

Recently picked up the cardigan with Skiers and Trees and a plaid shirt to go under it, and yesterday the Fa La La Hoiiday Tee! Each item I picked up was on sale and new inventory~

@Fifi1- that skiers and trees cardigan is so pretty. 

Honored Contributor

On this, the first day of Talbots Black Friday shopping:

I went and got a price adjustment on the pair of cadet gray jeggings I’d bought at full price last week (knowing that I’d have a good chance at a sale and didn’t want to miss my size). The cadet gray jeggings are a favorite of mine. This is my second pair. So, I got them for 50% off. 

On a whim, I’d also ordered a black velvet pouch with a wreath on it. It came Saturday. I got a price adjustment on that today also. 40% off. 

At the store today, I bought a pair of their “every day” Capri leggings in Indigo. These will replace some Danskin leggings I have that have seen better days. Got those at 40% off. 

From what I understood from the email I got today, we can get 50% off an item each day this week, through Black Friday. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting this info.  I went today and bought a $99 sweater for 50% off and then used my $25 rewards point and got it for $25.  All in all a very good start to holiday shopping for me!

Honored Contributor

I just love that ski sweater and am thinking about it.

I was just at Talbots - I can see I'm going to be in trouble on this sale!  Smiley Happy

I bought several things at 40% off that were recently marked down (@gidgetgh, with 40% and now on clearance, the corsage sweater is $53 - I got it and will return my first one which was $71 on the sale I bought it at - I haven't worn it, still has the tag on it).

I used the 50% today on a lined, woolen white background with  red plaid jacket with ruffle, same style as the brown one out earlier in the season but I liked the colors in this one better and this one fit me better (needed petite due to the sleeves); in fact it fits way different and much better than when I tried on the brown one.  Since it's $179, it was still pricey at $89.50 at half off.   I love what I got on clearance with the additional 40% off.  This sale is really fantastic.

I really like a new winter hat at T's - white ski cap with black "stones" up front.   With the 50% off it would be $25.  It's so cute and the black stones glisten in the light.  I'm thinking about getting that.

Valued Contributor

my dh will probably not be pleased when he sees daily packages from T's arriving next week!  But the 50% an item is too wonderful!  I miss having my Talbots down the street from work - now I have to drive to one of the further shopping areas 11 miles, but at least an hour with traffic!  Smiley Sad