Honored Contributor

Talbot's Black Friday Sale!

[ Edited ]

I got a new catalog today with an insert that has this info.

The Black Friday deal is 50% off one item until noon; 40% off the entire store all day.

But....it gets even better for cardholders....

This 50% off one item and 40% off everything else deal is valid for Talbots credit card users from 11/20 thru 11/22.  No need to get up early to be at a store before noon on Black Friday. Whoohoo!

And also....

5X points Nov. 17-19 (which I realize is not Black Friday) for Classic Awards members.

@gidgetgh  I have not yet worn my corsage sweater.  I may repurchase it at $60 and return the one I have!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Talbot's Black Friday Sale!

@Pearlee  Do you find Talbot's sizing to be close to QVC sizing or smaller?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey wrote:

@Pearlee  Do you find Talbot's sizing to be close to QVC sizing or smaller?

@Trudey  Smaller!!   I'm almost always a medium in both pants (DJ) and tops with QVC.  I usually wear a petite large in tops/blouses at T's (the "petite" part due to the arm length but even if I get a regular I wear a large).   I'm often in between the med. and large in non-petite tops but go with the more comfortable large.  Once in a very great while I'll take a medium but that's a rarity. For example, I have a medium in that corsage sweater I mentioned above but I don't usually take that at T's.

The pants are all over the map.  T's has so many styles of pants, most of which don't work at all.  It's only been in the past couple of years that I've found any that work and I've gone up a size in all but the weekend chinos in which I wear my usual size (th pants are numerical sizes).   Forget pants for a while though if you are new to Talbot's.  It takes trying on dozens to find any!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- I’m going to be traveling on Black Friday so I won’t be able to make it to a store. I’ll also be traveling out of town on the 20th.

Anticipating a great deal, I bought a pair of full price jeggings last week so I’ll just take the receipt with me and call customer service and ask for a price adjustment. I’d be thrilled with that. That’s what I was hoping for. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I'm bummed.  I got the catalog yesterday and immediately wanted the Isa Rhinestone Buckle Metallic jacquard pumps on page 90 -  H90749.  They were not available on line yesterday - kept coming up with "item not found."

Just checked and they are now only available in size 5.  So apparently they sold out in a flash.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I'm bummed.  I got the catalog yesterday and immediately wanted the Isa Rhinestone Buckle Metallic jacquard pumps on page 90 -  H90749.  They were not available on line yesterday - kept coming up with "item not found."

Just checked and they are now only available in size 5.  So apparently they sold out in a flash.

@Isobel Archer- keep checking back. Maybe they’re just now getting them in. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I came here just now specifically to start a thread asking about Talbots Black Friday, so thank you.

I have bought quite a bit in the past month but have not removed the tags in anticipation of a good sale.

And it is good, but it doesn't beat the discounts I've received on my stash, mostly because of the one day where I received 30 percent off plus another 15 percent off plus 50 percent off my cashmere sweater, so I'll probably sit this one out.

Thanks again.

Oh, and @gidgetgh, that paisley cashmere sweater is as pretty as you said.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee Thanks for the heads up. Love Talbots!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info -- I'll have to plan my purchases. I got a few things at a couple  of the recent flash sales after not buying for a while. Lots of fun holiday things/colors right now!

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I was thinking.  If you have online access while you are away, you should get that pretty embellished striped top I mentioned in another post, at the 50% off!  If you like bling like the corsage sweater, you'll love it I think.  I really like mine!