Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Black Friday Sale!

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh, have you seen the Limited Edition embellished (with bling) jeans? I saw them in person today for the first time; they are available online too.  I liked them but probably won't be getting them.  Will (did) you?

@Pearlee- I saw them yesterday. I think they’re gorgeous but I’d be scared to wash them. 

My store only had sizes 2 and 4 in stock. I wouldn’t have been even to wear those on my wrist so I couldn’t try them on. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  My concern also would be how long the rhinestones would hold up in the wash, even turning the jeans inside out.

Esteemed Contributor

So, you know I work at a Talbots store so always get my employee discount so the sale prices are not that important to me but when they offered the 5X point bonus I went a little nuts.  Bought the ruffle front tartan plaid jacket, the embroided suede slippers in red with the sheep, merino cowl neck sweater in dark green, the tie cuff boatneck sweater in cream and, my favorite, the gingham polka dot ankle pants with the bow at the ankle.  When the dividends I earned from all that are credited just before Christmas I am getting the navy polar bear velvet skirt, the black lurex turtleneck sweater, the snowflake pattern button front shirt and the wrinkle resistant popover in black/red and white plaid.

On a different subject have any of you tried the new Talbots perfume called Blossom?.  I am just wild about the scent and think the bottle is just beautiful.  That will be added to the total in December.

Super Contributor

Is it in store only or also on-line?

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

So, you know I work at a Talbots store so always get my employee discount so the sale prices are not that important to me but when they offered the 5X point bonus I went a little nuts.  Bought the ruffle front tartan plaid jacket, the embroided suede slippers in red with the sheep, merino cowl neck sweater in dark green, the tie cuff boatneck sweater in cream and, my favorite, the gingham polka dot ankle pants with the bow at the ankle.  When the dividends I earned from all that are credited just before Christmas I am getting the navy polar bear velvet skirt, the black lurex turtleneck sweater, the snowflake pattern button front shirt and the wrinkle resistant popover in black/red and white plaid.

On a different subject have any of you tried the new Talbots perfume called Blossom?.  I am just wild about the scent and think the bottle is just beautiful.  That will be added to the total in December.

@KathyPet- I’m not really a slippers kind of girl. I just wear Birkenstocks as slippers, but I think the sheep slippers are adorable and I thought about ordering them. My store didn’t have them in stock. Did you order them or buy them at your store?  Just wondering how the sizing is. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had other Talbots slippers and have always worn my usual shoe size.  The sheep slippers in Red were on back order when I ordered them so they just shipped Monday and are on the way to me.  To use a QVC phrase “too stinkin  cute”.

I think they are only available on line

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I just love that ski sweater and am thinking about it.

Bought the ski sweater today at 50% off - it's so cute!  Used a reward also.   Came to about $33 with the tax.  So that's two days in a row I've used the 50% in-store; haven't yet used it online.   Can we cardholders use it every day online too, like in the stores does anyone know? The email seems to say that....

Yes you can.  I have.

@Shiloh09  Read the above from earlier on this thread.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered the sheep slippers. I wear a 7 1/2 so I ordered an 8. They came to $32.12. I had a $25 reward certificate so, after tax, it came to $9. 

Honored Contributor

Today in-store I bought the Chevron Fleece Jacket - the photo online doesn't do it justice (online the gray is all washed out). The colors are really pretty in person.  I like it a lot and it seems to be quite warm.  I needed a petite because the sleeves were long and I couldn't roll them up with the pretty print at the end of the sleeves. Looking forward to wearing it - I'm happy with this purchase.

@gidgetgh  The bling jeans are now sold out online.  There were some sizes (including mine) available online yesterday.   Oh well, not getting it now.  I had it in my bag for a while yesterday.

@KathyPet  I got what I think is the same plaid ruffle jacket you did, on the first day of the sale. I think it's really attractive, although not exactly slimming on me.  

Now I have to see the slippers....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

Today in-store I bought the Chevron Fleece Jacket - the photo online doesn't do it justice (online the gray is all washed out). The colors are really pretty in person.  I like it a lot and it seems to be quite warm.  I needed a petite because the sleeves were long and I couldn't roll them up with the pretty print at the end of the sleeves. Looking forward to wearing it - I'm happy with this purchase.

@gidgetgh  The bling jeans are now sold out online.  There were some sizes (including mine) available online yesterday.   Oh well, not getting it now.  I had it in my bag for a while yesterday.

@KathyPet  I got what I think is the same plaid ruffle jacket you did, on the first day of the sale. I think it's really attractive, although not exactly slimming on me.  

Now I have to see the slippers....

Would you say that chevron fleece jacket is relatively slim rather than boxy, and that it runs true to size? I have had it on my wish list for a while, and may try it for 50% off. But I'd rather not waste a 50% off item if there's a good chance it will be too big/baggy on me.

ETA: What is the exterior texture of the jacket -- that is, is it smooth rather than "fleece-y"?