Honored Contributor

Talbot's Additional $20 off $100 Sale (ended yesterday)

@gidgetgh   So I had no thought of taking advantage of the 50% off clearance plus another 5% with T's card plus $20 off for each $100 spent.   I just went to Talbot's yesterday to return a few winter things - just a quick trip!  I thought I'd been through the winter things so many times that I wasn't interested in any of it any more.   Oh, my!  I was there for hours!  There is so much left.  

I ended up with an order of $101 (purposely) which ended up being $81  and I got four really nice pieces!  Smiley Happy  Love!   (I have 3 rewards but since they don't expire until July I didn't use them, nor did I use my 15% off any purchase card since I was getting an extra 5% off with my T card that would only have been like using 10% out of the 15% so I saved it - besides I want to go to all three Talbot's close to me the day I use that and it was too late to do that yesterday).

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's Additional $20 off $100 Sale (ended yesterday)

@Pearlee- you did great!  I returned something the other day and you're, right. They still have tons of great sale items left in stock. My account shows that I have 2 reward certificates effective on the 20th and I cashed in some Discover card points for a Talbots gift card this morning. Can't wait to shop!

There's a new shirt I'd like to order, but I'm waiting for them to offer a discount. And I took a look at the spring look book and there's a pair of denim cropped pants, but they're not snowing online yet. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  To my surprise, the store I was in yesterday - our largest - had  very little spring merchandise out at all.  Maybe it's sitting in the back because they have no room for it yet given all the winter that's left.  But I did see some cute things out for Valentine's day, as usual.   And the hearts stuff can be worn all year long, well most of it anyway.  That stuff gets reduced pretty quickly after Valentine's Day so it always pays to wait on that.

I'm glad you are coming around to: the price will go down so don't pay full price!

And thanks for the tip on cashing in credit card points for T's gift cards!  Good tip!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee- you did great!  I returned something the other day and you're, right. They still have tons of great sale items left in stock. My account shows that I have 2 reward certificates effective on the 20th and I cashed in some Discover card points for a Talbots gift card this morning. Can't wait to shop!

There's a new shirt I'd like to order, but I'm waiting for them to offer a discount. And I took a look at the spring look book and there's a pair of denim cropped pants, but they're not snowing online yet. 

Are you referring to the denim crops with the raw hem? I've seen that look in several places for spring, and I'm looking forward to checking out the Talbots version!

ETA: I, too, am awaiting a sale to start ordering some of the new things I like. I ordered an active dress with a recent 30% off, but it runs large and is very loose on me in the PP. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

Are you referring to the denim crops with the raw hem? I've seen that look in several places for spring, and I'm looking forward to checking out the Talbots version!

ETA: I, too, am awaiting a sale to start ordering some of the new things I like. I ordered an active dress with a recent 30% off, but it runs large and is very loose on me in the PP. Smiley Sad

@jonbon- yes, that's them. I saw them featured in the spring look book or whatever it's called and it did a screen shot so I'd remember. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@jonbon- yes, that's them. I saw them featured in the spring look book or whatever it's called and it did a screen shot so I'd remember. 

One of the looks in which they were featured showed them with a tee with a heart on it, so maybe they're coming soon!