Respected Contributor

I was unable to use this coupon code on line for some reason and had to call in to order, which took a lot more time. I was unable to use my Ebates this time and disappointed. Hopefully it has has been rectified and working? The agent said it was an issue.

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA I find Talbots sizing the opposite of your assessment. I am curvy size 4-6 petite and I find their clothes to be made for straight tall people with no curves. 

I love Talbots I wish they were not so expensive. I buy from them selectively.

Honored Contributor

I am a curvy petite and  I have no trouble getting fit at Talbots. I am not a plus size,  and I find that the only problems for me ,is sleeve length, and sometimes pant length. I don't buy curvy style pants ,either

Trusted Contributor

My friend and I each received the $20 off in the mail and I have received several emails with the same. Also when the catalog came it had a 20% off coupon inside. As I read the fine print it has my customer number at the bottom. My friend checked her catalog thoroughly but no coupon.

We’re meeting up there today. I told her if I don’t find anything I have to have but she does, I'll buy it for her and she can repay me.

Hate to let the coupon go to waste.

We got ours a week ago

Honored Contributor

I got $20 off in the mail this week, and this morning, I got an e-mail from Lizanne Kindler,CEO for Talbots, with a code for  $20 off my next purchase.  It's good for March 21-24.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

@ALRATIBA I find Talbots sizing the opposite of your assessment. I am curvy size 4-6 petite and I find their clothes to be made for straight tall people with no curves. 

I love Talbots I wish they were not so expensive. I buy from them selectively.

--------------

@Squirrel Lover 

We've tried on clothes at a store a couple of times years ago - nothing fit us.  I thought I look again at the size charts before I bothered going to the store.  

The size chart for pants that I looked at yesterday had a difference of 9 inches between the waist and hips.  My difference is about 4 inches.  

Same with bust ... I have small bust ... and the same issue.  My body shape is basicaly and long torso and narrow body.  | |

From my point of view - Talbot's are cut for hourglass shapes ) (.

Honored Contributor

Sorry for the slow response @Pearlee   I received the $20 coupon in the mail.  If I received one by email, it went to spam (as most of my Talbots emails do) and I deleted it by mistake.

I've already used the $20 in store (on a $40 t shirt so I got 50% off) and I used it once online for a full price item.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I got a Talbot's catalog in the mail today.  Nether my sister nor I were ever able to wear their clothes .. we both have rather straight shapes and the clothes just did not fit our bodies.

Some of the items in the catalog were nice and I went online to check the size chart .... it's the same as we remember it.  

It reminds me of the Nina Leonard brand .. designed for curvy woemn ... and that's not us!

@ALRATIBA - interesting.  I'm not a curvy woman at all.  I'm shaped like a ruler (LOL), straight up and down.  Their clothes fit me fine.  I can't wear their curvy line though.

Honored Contributor

I used the coupon in store for this.  $40 so I got it for $20.

191013019.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Talbot's $20 Off

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA - interesting.  I'm not a curvy woman at all.  I'm shaped like a ruler (LOL), straight up and down.  Their clothes fit me fine.  I can't wear their curvy line though.

@gidgetgh 

I can't explain it!  It's not just me ... my sister has the same issue.  According to their current size chart ... the clothes won't fit me.

ETA:  Not worth the trouble even trying ... so many other places to shop that I know fit!