Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

There is a lemon scarf at Dress Barn.

PTI

Honored Contributor

Heavy rains and storms here so I haven’t ventured out to Talbots yet.

In the deep recesses of my mind, I really think I remember last Easter, getting an email from Talbots saying that even though they’d be closed on Easter, you could still shop online and here’s a code for 40% off one item, or something like that. Anyone remember that from last year?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Heavy rains and storms here so I haven’t ventured out to Talbots yet.

In the deep recesses of my mind, I really think I remember last Easter, getting an email from Talbots saying that even though they’d be closed on Easter, you could still shop online and here’s a code for 40% off one item, or something like that. Anyone remember that from last year?

@gidgetgh   That does kinda ring a bell, now that you mention it!  I don't think I got anything though.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@cherry   I went to return something at the store yesterday, and one of the clerks (it's the store I usually go to most often so they all know me) was excited that the entire front of the store was brand new merchandise they'd just put out and she wanted me to see it.  I did and I wasn't excited.  My comment to her was "been there, done that."  In fact the madras skirt I saw matches a madras handbag I bought on their summer red hanger sale last year.  IMO it was pretty much more of the same.  As usually, I like a polka dot sleeveless blouse that caught my eye (white with aqua polka dots) but I'm not buying it, nor anything else I saw.   I thought it was a lot of the same old, same old. At lesat thus far.

In my experience, as a long-time Talbots shopper, this is not unusual. They don't re-invent the wheel every season. They infuse some of the newer trends (wide leg crops, for example) and modify a few details (a new trim or sleeve detail), but there are lots of similarities from year to year. It's a certain "look," and I guess it's what makes me a long-time Talbots shopper! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@cherry   I went to return something at the store yesterday, and one of the clerks (it's the store I usually go to most often so they all know me) was excited that the entire front of the store was brand new merchandise they'd just put out and she wanted me to see it.  I did and I wasn't excited.  My comment to her was "been there, done that."  In fact the madras skirt I saw matches a madras handbag I bought on their summer red hanger sale last year.  IMO it was pretty much more of the same.  As usually, I like a polka dot sleeveless blouse that caught my eye (white with aqua polka dots) but I'm not buying it, nor anything else I saw.   I thought it was a lot of the same old, same old. At lesat thus far.

In my experience, as a long-time Talbots shopper, this is not unusual. They don't re-invent the wheel every season. They infuse some of the newer trends (wide leg crops, for example) and modify a few details (a new trim or sleeve detail), but there are lots of similarities from year to year. It's a certain "look," and I guess it's what makes me a long-time Talbots shopper! Smiley Happy

@jonbon   It definitely is "business as usual."    One reason I was thrilled when the T by Talbots line was introduced.  Not only does it fit well into my life style, but it was finally some thing different!

Honored Contributor

My sailing tee and skirt are super. The tee is  Talbot's original, and it can be tumbled dried

The skirt hits just below the knee ,a great length for me. It is a nice garment.

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

And Dress Barn is in the same shopping center as Chico’s!  Thanks for thinking of me and posting these items!💕

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Sure hope they do another 40% this Easter and that I get the email!🤞🤞🤞🤞

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@gidgetgh 

Sure hope they do another 40% this Easter and that I get the email!🤞🤞🤞🤞

@4kitties Maybe they'll do something.  Today is the last day for 30% off dresses.  Family and friends preview days for credit card holders starts Monday.  That leaves tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

I went to Talbots this morning and am back with my report, LOL.

I thought the cardigan with the lemons was pretty cute, but I didn’t buy it.  I might if they do a 40% off an item tomorrow. 

The chinos with the lemons on them were cute,  I didn’t try them on, but they looked really thin to me.  Like see through thin.

The short sleeved t with the little lemons looked horrific on me. Thin, oversized and boxy. I don’t do short sleeves, but I thought maybe with a cardigan over it...but it really looked awful on me.  Laughably awful. Made me giggle. 

I tried on the 3/4 sleeve bateau t with the lemons and limes on it. It was “ok” I guess, but I thought the lemons and limes were awfully large.  And, I thought it made me look old.  Like an older woman shirt. I’m just “not there” in my head yet. 

I tried on the metallic cap sleeve shirt, again with wearing it with a cardigan in mind.   It wasn’t great either.  I couldn’t figure out what color cardigan would go with it. 

Then, I took forever trying to find a white pima tank to wear under a cardigan that I DID buy.  The misses XL was huge.  Now, I don’t wear tanks, this would be my first, but the arm holes hung so low. It was fine in the bust and I have flabby arms from weight loss, but I didn’t understand the cut of the arm holes at all.  You could see the entire side of my bra.    Of course, they didn’t have it in a Large.  Nor did they have a Petite large or XL. So I bought the cardigan I was looking at and just ordered the tank online, in two different sizes.  I’m not optimistic that either will work to be honset. 

I did buy a few things and had three reward certificates to use and I’ll call and get a price adjustment on Monday,  I don’t have time to stop in next week.