Respected Contributor

19591314-DAE8-44D6-9387-6D4A13638291.jpegOh I must have this!  It is so me.  I got the navy scarf top that was offered this Spring and I love it.  Now to wait for a good sale..............

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties   Didn't we just have a coupon for 50% off a full-priced item?  

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE Talbots.  They offer such an incredible variety of apparel that is on trend and classic.  The quality is excellent and so are the prices.   I love dressing classy and fashionable even when Im running around town or meeting friends for lunch.  I also love their slim ankle jeans and own them in a variety of colors.  Love their cords for Fall/winter , their skirts, dresses and sweaters.  I shop both online and at my local Talbots store.  Been shopping there for years.  The Fall line looks fabulous.  Can’t wait until it’s at the store.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee 

Yes there was, but I did not see this particular top available then. I think it is new.  I hope there will be another discount soon!

Honored Contributor

I almost always buy when the clothes first come out, because I figure I get more for my money (cost per wear) to get them first and wear them a lot during the season.

Why snap up a lot of clothes you basically won't wear for a year?  I buy a few things but they have to be things that will be something I wear in the fall when the summer sales start. 

Respected Contributor

If I were still working I too would buy as soon as the new lines come out.  But I am retired and spend so much time with my sweet grandchildren.  I do not wear my nicer things when swimming in their back yard, or taking them to the zoo or prairie park.  My life is mostly casual, wash and wear.  I still try to look fashionable and very nice, but when I am carrying the babies, a scarf tie sweater would just not be practical. 🤣🤣. I wait for sales so I can justify my cost per wear.  

But I do love Talbots clothing.  And the ladies at my local store are just great.  I love to shop there!💕

Honored Contributor

As soon as they have a decent sale, I am jumping on the new, authentic tee

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I almost always buy when the clothes first come out, because I figure I get more for my money (cost per wear) to get them first and wear them a lot during the season.

Why snap up a lot of clothes you basically won't wear for a year?  I buy a few things but they have to be things that will be something I wear in the fall when the summer sales start. 

@Sooner   Why?  Because it's been years since I bought clothes I've actually needed, since I have sooooo many clothes.   I have no problem buying something greatly reduced and not wearing it right away.  That's just fine, I have plenty to wear until it's time to wear that item.  

I'd much rather wait for T's sales (and almost always they are still seasonal to wear immediatley anyway; it's summer clothes drastically reduced now on the Red Hanger Salw, and it's 90-plus degrees out, so what couldn't I wear right away?) than to see something I bought later for much cheaper.