Super Contributor

Re: Taking hair/makeup artist on vacation with you?

If she does good for her, but I think she probably meant for QVC business

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  Yes, you heard wrong.  When Amy is on assignment for QVC, she has the hairstylist come along.  It is not a personal thing.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@house_cat  Yes, you heard wrong.  When Amy is on assignment for QVC, she has the hairstylist come along.  It is not a personal thing.

Well, that sounds a lot more reasonable. I can't imagine having someone tag along on a family vacation.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

My hair stylist accompanied me to Paris a few years ago.  So worth it!  Never had to worry about a thing. 

Honored Contributor

@Twoaces wrote:

My hair stylist accompanied me to Paris a few years ago.  So worth it!  Never had to worry about a thing. 

Wow! I'm very impressed. When I was in NY taking care of my mom and dad after Hurricane Sandy, I went to SuperCuts three times to have my hair washed and blown dry. I thought I was living the good life! Ha!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Yes, I think you heard her wrong.

Respected Contributor

I heard her say the same thing a few weeks ago - something about going to the beach and all the stuff and trouble it is taking the family AND the make-up artist.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe wrote:

I heard her say the same thing a few weeks ago - something about going to the beach and all the stuff and trouble it is taking the family AND the make-up artist.

Thank you @FranandZoe . I played the clip several times and that's the impression I got, as well.  It's more than the money that surprises me.  I'm surprised that people are vain enough to require that while vacationing.  It's different if you are famous and followed by Papparazzi, but I doubt if QVC hosts have to contend with that.  Maybe they do.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

There are several hosts that act like they are in the same category as celebrities followed by paparazzi, instead of just hosts selling products on a shopping channel. Legends in their own minds😉
Honored Contributor

i like the way i do my own makeup, but if i had the money to travel with a hair stylist, i would so do it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein