Valued Contributor

Re: TWO POSSIBLE REASONS LISA MIGHT BE LEAVING

On 10/10/2014 silkyk said:

I think a perfect fit for Lisa would be a fashion show on CNN similar to "Style with Elsa Klensch" that was on CNN from 1980-2001. Does anyone else remember this show? I LOVED it! Great clips of all the runway shows and interviews with designers and tours of their work studios. Lisa would be great at this and I would love to see her shine.

I remember that show and loved it. I agree that were they to launch a new version of that show or something similar, Lisa would be a good candidate to serve as host/commentator. She's very glib and quick on her feet, but would also handle taped segments very well.
Esteemed Contributor

I think maybe she wants a break, but it's her life whatever the reason. If and when she wants people to know, she will tell them.

Valued Contributor

I am NOT FOR or AGAINST LISA, to me, she is A SALESPERSON for a TV shopping channel, who enjoys attention..BECAUSE< for some reason, Women who look at the Q as entertainment have elevated her to celebrity levels. . All this speculation on what she is going to be doing. Unless her present contract restricts it, I do not know why she doesn't just come out and tell all her adoring fans what her next project is. BUT, I think she is enjoying all the attention the speculation is giving her. I DO WISH her the best, she has worked hard to get to where she is, THE SAME as any other women in the work force who is good at her job. With her drive I am sure she will succeed in whatever it is she is going after.

Super Contributor

I think the OrYany rep. is adorable.....is she available? She is as cute as a button, and has great selling potential. There is always someone our there to take your place, never think you are irreplacable.

Valued Contributor

I think the problem with all the speculation is. The hosts on the Q may be a BIG thing to people who watch the Q, BUT if I were to ask ANYONE here where I work who Lisa Robertson was? I know of only one other women who would even know. And I work with about 80 women, She is NOT the celebrity that some of you think. She is a shopping channel host and that is all. I am sure there are those who watch the other channels CONSTANTLY that can name ALL the hosts from those channels and believe them to be celebrites also, But they are not. I can only name ONE of the hosts from HSN and NONE of them from the other channels. You just do not hear about them outside the relm of QVC.. I do wish her happiness.

Super Contributor

On 10/10/2014 ssssgirl said:

I think the problem with all the speculation is. The hosts on the Q may be a BIG thing to people who watch the Q, BUT if I were to ask ANYONE here where I work who Lisa Robertson was? I know of only one other women who would even know. And I work with about 80 women, She is NOT the celebrity that some of you think. She is a shopping channel host and that is all. I am sure there are those who watch the other channels CONSTANTLY that can name ALL the hosts from those channels and believe them to be celebrites also, But they are not. I can only name ONE of the hosts from HSN and NONE of them from the other channels. You just do not hear about them outside the relm of QVC.. I do wish her happiness.

I agree. I wonder if these post cause her panic ? It scared me !

Super Contributor

On 10/10/2014 Have6cats said:

Luv Chanel....ITA..I believe that the GILI brand is at the center of why she left and what she will be doing in the future. We shall see!

I think Lisa is leaving to follow her dream. After 20 years doing the same thing, who wouldn't?

Contributor

Lisa did mention that she hoped we would watch her in the future. Read that. As for QVC, had no idea a New CEO is on board. I do know they tend to bring some of their people from prior company's over. As many of you mentioned, not watching QVC anymore or that much, I so agree! For me it is the merchandise it is the same old stuff all the time and some of it looks like wall mart. The home decor, you can pick up at any craft store no shipping cost and use a coupon! Seems Lisa has so e high caliber connections and has been working on it. As for the other hosts! some think they need to use a mega phone voice and so e just over talk the vendor. Shawn probably will replace Lisa.
Regular Contributor

I do think the QVC exec that resigned (or was let go) a few weeks ago has something to do with Lisa's resignation. I was watching the LR show the Friday right after that exec resigned and Joan R. passed-and Lisa was in a ""different"" mood. She opened the show by stating something to the effect ' with everything that happened Wednesday (referencing the exec's departure) and then Joan's passing-it has been a hard week' and then proceeded to talk about the negative posters on her Facebook page. It was so different for Lisa-I could tell something was up. Maybe Lisa will leave to follow that exec?

Valued Contributor

I would not be surprised if she is going to work behind the scenes in the fashion industry. I know she gets tired of the schedule, long hours. Everybody wants a REST after this type of job. That is why I think so many hosts stay in the "part" time capacity. Hosting, GILI, Italy for the jewelry shows, all the behind the scences work....ENOUGH was ENOUGH...