Occasional Contributor

I wasn't sure whether I should make this observation here or in the TSV blog... but here goes. Isn't this the same peplum cardi as A266712? I called this morning to ask customer service to explain to me the difference and all the woman could tell me was that today's TSV flares out at the peplum and the one ending in 712 does not. Um, not quite. I have a green and a cadet navy in the one ending in 712 and they flare out as much as I am seeing on today's models and hosts (hostesses?). I am really surprised that no one else has written in about this yet. I did notice that this one (today's TSV) is about .5" longer by the garment specs. Other than that, they appear to be the same item. It's surprising... the 712 item is actually more expensive even at its clearance price than today's TSV, so if you ordered the 266712 item and liked it, you'd be silly not to order today when the shipping is waived and it's under the clearance price of the former title/style. 

I ordered the soft jade color. I have always gotten so many compliments when I wear this color (my coloring is about like the model Jacque's) and I have 2-3 shirts to wear under it to make it a twinset. I have the bright jade and the cadet navy from the old 266712 item, so I am hesitant to order the navy of this one. I think I would get the same product again. I think I would look too big in the creme (I wear a 14 shirt but usually order 16 because I do not like to feel like the shirt just fits; I like to have a little extra room). 

Regarding the sleeves, I prefer long sleeves, but I see both sides of this issue. I am often cold when the material does not come down to the wrists. If I need the warmth of a sweater from the get-go on a given morning, then a 3/4 sleeve won't cut it. I won't be warm enough. If, however, I throw this on to go into a restaurant/theater/mall/etc. where the AC is blasting, it'll be just enough to keep the chill at bay. But I agree with the person who wrote that trying to push up the long sleeves looks sloppy... Yes, it can. Sleeves like this do not have spandex and won't stay up like a LOGO top's will.

I like the way J. Stafford wore the navy today. That's how I think I could wear it... crisp white shirt under it with a pretty, colorful scarf.

I wish there had been a bijou pink or a baby pink shade for this TSV. Isaac's "rosewater" pink usually ends up being more toward pale peachy-pink, which I do not like... no designer at the Q seems to make a true baby pink. I have the bright jade green (older version but not very far in the past) and now ordered the soft jade. A nice true red would have been better than this coral color that seems to be all the rage this month. A nice violet purple (not this mulberry-purple that is offered) would have been a hit, too.  Ah, well... I think will deal with the 3/4 sleeves and get the black because that should be serviceable. 

For the lady who called in an asked about whether this is a sweater... yes, it's a relatively fine-gauge sweater. 

Honored Contributor

@BonjourHola, the biggest difference I can see is that today's TSV is a hi-low hem and the other one is not.  The other looks like it fits closer to the body as well but I'm not sure if that's really the case or the models are in a smaller size or it's pinned in the back. 

This one does seem to flare out more at the bottom and appears longer.

Honored Contributor

Just to be clear:  I love this TSV for all of the many 3/4 sleeve gals.  It really is quite flattering.  Nicely priced, too. I'm one of the few who likes long sleeves; yet, I'm always happy for the 3/4 sleeve women who find nice tops/sweaters/etc.  (I have extra long arms and I do realize that many, many others  who have 'normal' or shorter arms really appreciate 3/4 sleeves!  Lots of people I know cannot wear long sleeves, unless they are able and wish to sew/alter those items.)  Enjoy this TSV Heart.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

I think it's really adorable, but unfortunately, peplum does not suit me.

Trusted Contributor

I like ...712 item number! Not much left in it though (for colors)

The difference is the hem. -712 is a straight hem all the way around. TSV is the hi-low.

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Iman and Wendy Williams make a similar sweater,very lightweight for summer. Same price. No buttons, it just falls sort of in a cascade style in the front. Not as "peplum" as Isaac's. Just in case anyone is interested.

I swore off Isaac's tops after I had to return a bunch of them (costing me much money) because of the length! I know many like long sweaters, but I like normal length. Reading the size charts, it appeared these tops would be fine. Not!

I did order the jade in the TSV, but I know I will probably cancel before days end. I keep watching the models. It does not look especially long, but I got fooled once already. I don't trust that it won't get here and it will be down to my thighs again.

Isaac makes really nice clothes, but he does not seem to understand "petite" at all.

If an item is not in petites, I will not buy it. The new motto at the Q is "It fits everybody". If I believed that I would be naive. One lady called in this AM and said she was 4'8". Mary Beth and Isaac said it would look great on her. I felt sorry for this customer.

I agree with you that they do not understand that  petites need to be proportioned for our body type.  I shop in the B&M stores where I can try the clothing on before I buy.

They all know that about petites. I don't blame you.. You can find beau coup petites everywhere online. If the Q won't accommodate, there's plenty others that will.

Esteemed Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I'm visiting my son in LA in a few weeks and bought this for on the plane, along with the matching tank - both in plum.

I'm not into pastels and I think the plum will work into October in the Northeast.

The plum looked beautiful and with many other colors. That was my favorite color.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Iman and Wendy Williams make a similar sweater,very lightweight for summer. Same price. No buttons, it just falls sort of in a cascade style in the front. Not as "peplum" as Isaac's. Just in case anyone is interested.

I swore off Isaac's tops after I had to return a bunch of them (costing me much money) because of the length! I know many like long sweaters, but I like normal length. Reading the size charts, it appeared these tops would be fine. Not!

I did order the jade in the TSV, but I know I will probably cancel before days end. I keep watching the models. It does not look especially long, but I got fooled once already. I don't trust that it won't get here and it will be down to my thighs again.

Isaac makes really nice clothes, but he does not seem to understand "petite" at all.

If an item is not in petites, I will not buy it. The new motto at the Q is "It fits everybody". If I believed that I would be naive. One lady called in this AM and said she was 4'8". Mary Beth and Isaac said it would look great on her. I felt sorry for this customer.

I agree with you that they do not understand that  petites need to be proportioned for our body type.  I shop in the B&M stores where I can try the clothing on before I buy.

I'm short too and need petites.   When tops are too long they look ridiculous on me.  Also, some of the color or color print combos Isacc suggests, are not combos of colors I would wear.  Maybe some others feel the same.  (I'm referring to the tops and pants he and I think it was Rachel were suggesting last night.)     I do like various colors in one item like his cardigans or jackets.

Respected Contributor

Is the soft jade a true green color or an aqua color? The color looks different on my different televisions.

Super Contributor

I ordered the plum and ivory . I like the 3/4 sleeve-long sleeves on me are usually  are too long and if they do not stay up  nicely ...it drives me crazy!!