Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV jeans...why roll the cuffs? Need to see length

When the Petite model cuffs her jeans, it signals to me they've made them too long for a 5'2" woman. 

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

They are rolling the cuffs because that's the in thing now; it's the way women are wearing the jeans.  Also, it's the middle of the winter still and with ankle boots being so popular, the rolled cuff look appeals to many women.  As for the length, I'm sure they gave inseam length on tv.  If not, It's definitely in the description. 

Rolled cuffs "are the thing now"? Seriously? I've never seen one woman in my neck of the woods wearing their jeans with the cuffs rolled up. No one.

Rolling cuffs have been in for a couple of seasons.  I rather like it and do this for some jeans that are on the long side so that I can wear them with a sneaker style slip on, it is an updated look

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

They are rolling the cuffs because that's the in thing now; it's the way women are wearing the jeans.  Also, it's the middle of the winter still and with ankle boots being so popular, the rolled cuff look appeals to many women.  As for the length, I'm sure they gave inseam length on tv.  If not, It's definitely in the description. 

Rolled cuffs "are the thing now"? Seriously? I've never seen one woman in my neck of the woods wearing their jeans with the cuffs rolled up. No one.

Yes, seriously.  Do you ever peruse fashion mags or style blogs or store ads?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think she rolled the cuffs because for some reason, the legs on these jeans hit at an awkward angle (at least to MY eye!)

I don't like jeans that bulge with extra fabric between the knees and the ankle (like these jeans appear to do - even on the tall models). They remind me of "Flashdance" - which was fine the first time around, but not for me at 61!

When I have jeans that hit this way, I sometimes just cuff them INward...which seems to work.

Respected Contributor

I'm still laughing at the comment at never seeing rolled up jeans.  Good grief.  Where I live it's mostly leggings or rolled jeans, especially in warmer temps.  I am only considering these jeans to roll up.  I don't need anymore full length jeans.  I usually wear tall, but I think I will get the regular length.  I really like the tummy control panels in D&C.

Super Contributor

I don't see rolled up jeans here either, or people wearing 5 layers of shirts!  Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see rolled jeans in the area that I live. I used to live in Southern California and I did not see anyone with rollled jeans. What I did see is the torn jeans look which is very popular. Let's face it to get jeans that fit well you have to pay a higher price. These jeans do not look like they fit anyone. I was watching Pat this morning and they seem to be wrinkling in the knees and too long in the crotch. Slimming jeans are not slimming on anyone I have seen. I would not waste my money, especially if you use their return label.

Respected Contributor

Around here, I see mostly rolled-up jeans worn with flats or ankle boots or skinny jeans tucked into riding boots. I don't see bootcut or straight-leg jeans worn over footwear as much.

Esteemed Contributor

If you look at the picture on the front page showing the TSV you will notice how ill fitting the jeans appear to be. They hang on the model in the front and are not very attractive. Just take a good look.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

If you look at the picture on the front page showing the TSV you will notice how ill fitting the jeans appear to be. They hang on the model in the front and are not very attractive. Just take a good look.

Today's Special Value