Trusted Contributor

TSV jeans...why roll the cuffs? Need to see length

Now with 3 lengths, it is really important to decide on what length. That is a big gap from 28 to 31 inches in the petite to regular.

I would think 28 to 30, or 29 to 31....

So the petite model rolls her cuffs. Not helpful QVC.

I am petite, but 28 is way short for my taste, it would be an ankle pant. 29 is great, I can do 30 if wearing boots with a heel. But 31 for a regular?

Anyone else stuck in deciding length?

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV jeans...why roll the cuffs? Need to see length

love the look of rolled jeans....I've bought D&Q leggings and Isaac, I know my length.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

well, I know my length, but D&C is not always on target.

I like rolled cuffs too, but not for the first showing of a new jean where model is specifically asked her height, and what length is she wearing. It would have been a better help if she had left them long so people who were of similar height could have seen the length. That is my point.

I am looking at Jaquie and the 31 looks long on her and she said she is 5-5, 5-6. I would be tripping on 31.

I think I am going to cancel and let the jury come in and get them later. The regular price will probably only be $36 or $37

I don't jump anymore knowing I have to pay so much shipping to try something on. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

They are rolling the cuffs because that's the in thing now; it's the way women are wearing the jeans.  Also, it's the middle of the winter still and with ankle boots being so popular, the rolled cuff look appeals to many women.  As for the length, I'm sure they gave inseam length on tv.  If not, It's definitely in the description. 

Esteemed Contributor

They are rolling the jeans because they are too long. Petite length should be 27" not 28". It is too long for most petites. If you have to hem them it gets very costly. Did you notice the crotch does not fit - it just hangs. Not a good look.

Trusted Contributor

@elated yes, I am looking. The talls look super long. The model with the white ones on, the jeans are almost to the floor and she said she was 5'9"

I am def waiting this one out. I like them but the fit is not tried and true yet.

Regular Contributor

@elated wrote:

They are rolling the jeans because they are too long. Petite length should be 27" not 28". It is too long for most petites. If you have to hem them it gets very costly. Did you notice the crotch does not fit - it just hangs. Not a good look.

ITA - they are too long.  Not sure why they made the inseam measurements what they are as it will be too long on most unless you are wearing high heels.  And I doubt that will be the case for those who order these D&C jeans.  They will say anything to push sales.  

Trusted Contributor

Women might wear high heeled boots, but not every day. They would be wearing flat boots so they don't fall! Then when the spring comes and they go to flats for shoes, then the jeans will be way way too long.

Bummer. I liked Diane Gilman's jeans, but she is too into the 'super duper' stretch fabric now. She went away from classic denim, and her sizing changed because her denim stretches so much two people can get into one pair of jeans Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

31 for a regular is borderline short on me.

I like straight legged jeans that "puddle" just a bit.

Shrinkage is always possible, too.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

They are rolling the cuffs because that's the in thing now; it's the way women are wearing the jeans.  Also, it's the middle of the winter still and with ankle boots being so popular, the rolled cuff look appeals to many women.  As for the length, I'm sure they gave inseam length on tv.  If not, It's definitely in the description. 

Rolled cuffs "are the thing now"? Seriously? I've never seen one woman in my neck of the woods wearing their jeans with the cuffs rolled up. No one.

"Pure Michigan"