Esteemed Contributor

Re: TSV jeans...why roll the cuffs? Need to see length

I've seen rolled cuffs in magazines and by local teens, but I don't recall it as a trend worn by the adults in my area.  We have denim days at work, but none of my co-workers do the rolled cuff.  I like the look, though, but I can understand from a buyer's perspective that there needs to be some variety in the presentations.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

If you look at the picture on the front page showing the TSV you will notice how ill fitting the jeans appear to be. They hang on the model in the front and are not very attractive. Just take a good look.

Hmmm . . . they don't look so bad to me. I'm not sure what you mean by them hanging on the model. Anyway, I think people just have to keep in mind that this is a D&Co product (and thus has certain fit characteristics -- no, they're not skinny jeans) and that people all have different bodies and different ideas about how they like their jeans to fit. It may just be that they're not for many of you, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be the perfect fit/style for someone else.

By the way, I think 28" is pretty standard for petite pants these days. I just looked at Talbots, for example, and their lengths for straight leg five pocket jeans are 28 1/2" for petites, 31" for misses, and 34" for long. Oh, and I'm a "roller" too!

Esteemed Contributor

I looked on Macy's site for their jeans and they have regular petite at 28" and petite short at 26". Most of their jeans are on sale for $29.99 with free shipping and handling.

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan

everywhere you look they are rolling the cuffs to wear with booties.  i think that the look is much too casual, though to wear in the workplace.  jeans look more professional worn dark and down imo! 

Respected Contributor

I am wearing my jeggings cuffed up right now.  I have on an oversized fleece top and wedge booties.  My husband said I looked cute.  BTW as of Dec. 31st, I'm 53.  I enjoy being "cute" at this age Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

They are rolling the cuffs because that's the in thing now; it's the way women are wearing the jeans.  Also, it's the middle of the winter still and with ankle boots being so popular, the rolled cuff look appeals to many women.  As for the length, I'm sure they gave inseam length on tv.  If not, It's definitely in the description. 

Rolled cuffs "are the thing now"? Seriously? I've never seen one woman in my neck of the woods wearing their jeans with the cuffs rolled up. No one.

Rolling cuffs have been in for a couple of seasons.  I rather like it and do this for some jeans that are on the long side so that I can wear them with a sneaker style slip on, it is an updated look

rolling cuffs is pretty standard around here.  it is a look that i wear often.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is some info about rolled up jeans:

Some essential tips to keep in mind before you move out with your rolled up jeans:
• The rolled up look with your jeans tend to make you look shorter, so if you have short legs this may not be the correct choice for you.
• This fashion is mostly for women with thin and long legs. So if you have shorter legs, team up your rolled-up skinny jeans with high heels
• Make it look obvious that you have rolled up the jeans, or it will appear like you have rolled up an over sized jeans to make it wearable.
• Do not forget to team it up with a pair of gorgeous shoes or sandals. They are kind of a highlight.
• Keep in mind the weather outside, if the temperature is freezing ,the style is never chic
• Bell-bottom jeans are not to be rolled.
• This is not the look for a formal gathering. It is more for a casual day out.

Contributor

Yeah...seriously rolled cuffs are in. But..who cares if they are in or not.  I've been rolling my cuffs for ages, way before the trend. I don't always roll them but I sure like like the option.  Why? 'cause I just like the way it looks. Different strokes for different folks...

Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

31 for a regular is borderline short on me.

I like straight legged jeans that "puddle" just a bit.

Shrinkage is always possible, too.

Great way to put it.  I like my straight legged jeans to puddle a little bit too. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree! Please stop pushing the sleeves up also.