Super Contributor

Isaac, please consider offering your dresses in more lengths.... According to stats, the younger generations are getting taller and the "older" generations like dresses to their knees or a little lower - this latter is how you yourself described the best length for the dress....

Valued Contributor
Cute.....but polyester in the summer......in California.....???
Honored Contributor

Love it!

Honored Contributor
On 3/19/2015 nantucket shore said:
On 3/19/2015 Have6cats said:

nantucket, I don't know which is more disturbing....that they don't bother to hang the dresses or that they charge 10 bucks more at other locations. I live in FL and the dress is definitely $19.82 and they are all on hangers. The display must have been set up recently, because they were also in color and size order. That won't last. I did not know that the prices at Sams varied so much in different locations. I guess that's the lesson for today! Did you buy in? I didn't, the nylon was too snaggy for me.

I was at Sam's today and took mental notes since I read he was having a TSV and it was definitely $29 and change. Yes, Sam's does charge different prices even 10-20 miles from each other. Yes, these dresses were all folded and displayed flat, at first when I saw them 2-3 wks ago I thought it was a tunic top and then I read the sign and said dress. I picked up several starting small and gradually "digging" for larger sizes, I thought they ran really small and seriously, I do not have a place to wear one. I thought even if it was a tunic (might consider that) how would I wash it, this would get all stretched out and wondering even about the dye, the dresses seemed quite saturated in color.

We have piles and it seems like this Sam's gets huge amounts of inventory from Isaac. I know Sam's keeps track of what sells and where, how much they have to reduce it and overall how many sold, he must be a great seller around here.

...and just so everyone knows, you can go to Sam's even Walmart and find different pricing even less than 10 miles from each other, they check the competition (if any) and adjust the pricing accordingly. I found that out several times when researching pricing on TV's, camera's etc. These retailers bank on their customers will not go anywhere else and believe that Sam's/Walmart has the lower price.

do they have the IM label in them?

Honored Contributor
On 3/19/2015 Crisso said:

Isaac, please consider offering your dresses in more lengths.... According to stats, the younger generations are getting taller and the "older" generations like dresses to their knees or a little lower - this latter is how you yourself described the best length for the dress....

ITA

It's far too short for women who are a bit taller.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

jackthebear..........YES..the black and pink label just says Isaac Mizrahi..no Live..HTH

Honored Contributor
On 3/20/2015 Have6cats said:

jackthebear..........YES..the black and pink label just says Isaac Mizrahi..no Live..HTH

Interesting, do you think it is overun's from the Q's order?

cute dress,

Honored Contributor

It's too long on the petite model.

Super Contributor

I saw dresses (XS thru XXL) in lace, similar to Isaac's, at Target the other day for $25. There was also a maxi version for $30 ! Several colors to choose from, too. Wink

Respected Contributor
On 3/20/2015 jackthebear said:
On 3/19/2015 nantucket shore said:
On 3/19/2015 Have6cats said:

nantucket, I don't know which is more disturbing....that they don't bother to hang the dresses or that they charge 10 bucks more at other locations. I live in FL and the dress is definitely $19.82 and they are all on hangers. The display must have been set up recently, because they were also in color and size order. That won't last. I did not know that the prices at Sams varied so much in different locations. I guess that's the lesson for today! Did you buy in? I didn't, the nylon was too snaggy for me.

I was at Sam's today and took mental notes since I read he was having a TSV and it was definitely $29 and change. Yes, Sam's does charge different prices even 10-20 miles from each other. Yes, these dresses were all folded and displayed flat, at first when I saw them 2-3 wks ago I thought it was a tunic top and then I read the sign and said dress. I picked up several starting small and gradually "digging" for larger sizes, I thought they ran really small and seriously, I do not have a place to wear one. I thought even if it was a tunic (might consider that) how would I wash it, this would get all stretched out and wondering even about the dye, the dresses seemed quite saturated in color.

We have piles and it seems like this Sam's gets huge amounts of inventory from Isaac. I know Sam's keeps track of what sells and where, how much they have to reduce it and overall how many sold, he must be a great seller around here.

...and just so everyone knows, you can go to Sam's even Walmart and find different pricing even less than 10 miles from each other, they check the competition (if any) and adjust the pricing accordingly. I found that out several times when researching pricing on TV's, camera's etc. These retailers bank on their customers will not go anywhere else and believe that Sam's/Walmart has the lower price.

do they have the IM label in them?

Yes, it's advertised as an IM item. Early fall they had IM sweaters that were similar to the one's the Q had, plain button down cardigans in many colors.