Super Contributor

They must have presented this over priced hair dryer 20x in the last 2 hrs! How many times, QVC?! I'm so sick of this relentless overselling of their TSVs but tonight's multiple, multiple presentations of this insanely overpriced hairdryer is simply obnoxious -- just cant bear to watch anymore......shameful money grab.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree.  Even worse the endless, long, repetitive presentations of the battery organizer which was the TSV yesterday.  It must have been on at least once every hour for 30 minutes at a time.  What could possibly be so fascinating about a battery organizer?  The programming has been so repetitive during the past few weeks.  Just shoving the gift thing down our throats.  Now more Barefoot Dreams!!!  Done with QVC for long presentations.  Check in every hour or two but change quickly for the most part.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What does this have to do with FASHION?

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

One of the reasons I rarely watch QVC anymore.  I don't know who in management had the bright idea to show TSV's ad nauseum, but the overkill is ridiculous.  I'd love to know if their sales ploy is working because I find it hard to believe anyone is watching the same thing over and over again.  The other night I DID watch Angel on Quacker Factor QVC2 and she said that very few new items came in this season for Quacker.  She didn't say why, but I wonder if QVC is cutting way down on inventory and instead hawking just a few items.  As far as Barefoot Dreams, I don't get.  Prices seem very high for what?  They have Cuddleduds that seem like the same thing and are much, much cheaper.  It sure isn't the same Q it used to be.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched AM Style in months, but flipped it on today while dusting the TV room. Re: The Barefoot Dreams TSV. Anyone who even watches Q infrequently, has seen this item, knows the spiel, the size chart, the colors, where to wear it and the comfort factor. The presentations every 1/2 hr. are ridiculous! 

If the TSV was a new, never before seen item (fat chance), I could understand showing it and specifications often.

Yes, I have several of these cardigans in various lengths, styles and colors. I love them. Barefoot Dreams has become the My Pillow on QVC and Q2. It's either on all clothing shows or has hour long shows alone. We get that Oprah loves it, etc. Would I wear an $80-$100 sweater over my loungers in the house with my dog crawling on me or getting splashed cooking dinner? Heck no!!! Seriously?

Enough is enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@Secretariat1 wrote:

They must have presented this over priced hair dryer 20x in the last 2 hrs! How many times, QVC?! I'm so sick of this relentless overselling of their TSVs but tonight's multiple, multiple presentations of this insanely overpriced hairdryer is simply obnoxious -- just cant bear to watch anymore......shameful money grab.

If that is accurate, that would be about once every 6 minutes.  Given the length of their presentations, how does that work out?

Regular Contributor

I couldn't say it any better. ENOUGH.

Occasional Contributor

I so agree!  QVC is driving viewers away with their incessant showing of the TSV and Q2 Big Deals.  They really need to give it a break.  They will show it for an hour, then a new show starts and no more than 20 min later they go right back to that deal.  And, most of their deals are NOT deals.  If you spend at least 10 min price shopping, you will find the same or better deals out there.  Also, many of the deals are for old product models they are trying to unload.