Honored Contributor

@Ketra   Actually those clothes at krogers has sky rocketed in price. We shop at our local krogers sometimes, check out what's there. They have a new brand label there now and they are cheap looking with expensive price tags.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV- Shorts

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA   She looked insane with those patent leather pumps. So many of the hosts had crazy shoes on with those french terry sweatshirt fabric shorts. Do they actually think we dress like that???

I'll be the first to admit I have a couple pr of these and they're not bad. I do dog walking in mine, work in the garden, do housework, run the sweeper, scrub my kitchen floor but I would not wear these out and about 'looking dapper'. These are definitely not those. And no I did not buy any more.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, they're just a pair of basic, comfy shorts. I'm sure there may be similar styles elsewhere for less money, and I can't comment on the quality because I don't own them. But it seems that the people who do actually own them (or pants like them) like them very much. Some basic colors, a couple of fashion colors. Just had no idea there would be so much negative chatter here about a simple pair of shorts that sold somewhere near 80,000 pairs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom@SilleeMee, Antonella's shoes are not Louboutin's.  She painted the soles red herself.  She talked about it one day on a fashion show on Q2 because someone commented on them.  She said she has other shoes she's painted the soles pink on as well.  

Honored Contributor

As an aside, I flipped late yesterday evening when they were being presented.  That price to me was nuts.  By the time you add s/h and tax, you are at $30.00 for a pair of french terry shorts?   

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I've never been a sweatshirt / sweatpants wearer and I don't do French terry now but having said that I'm not nearly as offended by these shorts, I think they're fine if that's what you're into, as I was by Isaac's t-shirt dress!

@Andreatoo, Don't want to derail this thread but did you get that t-shirt dress and if you did, what do you think?

Someone I know bought it and she said it was awful on her and she sent it right back.  She is broad shouldered, carries weight in her mid-section and is slip through the hips and lower half.  She said there was a lot of excess material in her shoulder area but then it was tight through her mid-section and then there was a ton of excess fabric at the bottom.  She said on her it was the most ill-fitting thing she had ever bought.  

I thought it was super cute but I'm built totally opposite of her and I'm wondering about it. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@ALRATIBA   She looked insane with those patent leather pumps. So many of the hosts had crazy shoes on with those french terry sweatshirt fabric shorts. Do they actually think we dress like that???

I'll be the first to admit I have a couple pr of these and they're not bad. I do dog walking in mine, work in the garden, do housework, run the sweeper, scrub my kitchen floor but I would not wear these out and about 'looking dapper'. These are definitely not those. And no I did not buy any more.

@PINKdogWOOD 

I'm guessing that the "shoe ploy" was an effort on QVC's part to take the viewers' attention away from the shorts.  The outfits sort of reminds one of the look of the "roving hostesses" you occasionally see the seedier parts of town - tight shorts and spike heels.

Respected Contributor

They were trying way too hard to make those shorts look fashion forward, and it wasn't working. You couldn't really see how it made your mid-section or butt look because everyone was totally covered up. My guess is that it was totally unflattering.I just found everything about these shorts to be wrong -- the fit, colors, fabric, length, and hemline.

I also thought it was strange how they spent so long trying to convince women to wear shorts. They must know their target audience is ashamed of their legs??? It was just really odd how much time they spent on this pep talk. I found it kind of patronizing.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Hoovermom@SilleeMee, Antonella's shoes are not Louboutin's.  She painted the soles red herself.  She talked about it one day on a fashion show on Q2 because someone commented on them.  She said she has other shoes she's painted the soles pink on as well.  

@Lipstickdiva:  You are kidding me right?  If not, wow!!

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva:  You are kidding me right?  If not, wow!!

@Hoovermom, I'm not kidding you.  I assumed they were CL shoes because of the red sole but then was thinking Antonella doesn't seem like the type to spend that kind of money on shoes and not that I'm a CL connoisseur but those just don't look like a CL style of shoe.  One Sunday I was watching Q2 and she was doing a fashion show.  I cannot remember the vendor but he said something about her shoes and that's when she said she painted the soles and then said she has painted the soles of other shoes other colors as well.