Honored Contributor

Calling all petites: The size "tall" is a 27" inseam...perfect for full length jeans (rolled once for spring) for me!!! 

Honored Contributor

But how is the rise cut??

Honored Contributor

from the size chart for petites, add 1 inch for waist band, makes me think they are not highrise but, mid rise and there is no mention in the listing info. duh 

Front Rise Below Waistband6.56.7577.257.57.758.258.759.259.75
Honored Contributor

Re: TSV NYDJ CROP JEANS

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear  @Shelbelle  The Marilyn jeans, on me, is higher than low rise, lower than waist...hits me right below belly button. I can never petite bottoms becuase the rise is too short. I go with regular and hem if needed. With these, ordering a regular or tall gives me enough length to cuff up and not have to tailor.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for pointing that out, Shanus. I have done the same with ankle length jeans...ordered regular and not petite.

It would work for me but I got  mislead on the last NYDJ's. I ordered one size down (as we were told) and they fit like tight leggings. The material was very heavy and stiff. My first experience with this jean and it seemed like a good deal so I ordered 2 colors.

Back they went.

Honored Contributor

I am only 5 ft 2 in, think I used to be an inch taller, but I cant wear petites in pants, always too short one me, I still need a 29 inch inseam and I like 23 in crops. My legs must be long. even in tops I prefer a regular length. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear  @Shelbelle  The Marilyn jeans, on me, is higher than low rise, lower than waist...hits me right below belly button. I can never petite bottoms becuase the rise is too short. I go with regular and hem if needed. With these, ordering a regular or tall gives me enough length to cuff up and not have to tailor.

exactly I could not get the right fit in NYJ petite jeans and then the regular is too long,    

Honored Contributor

The jeans are described as being "at the waist" meaning they are a true high-rise jean. Garment measurements chart shows the rise starting at below the waistband so add at least 1-1/2 inches, which is a standard jean waistband width, to the rise given in the garment measurement chart to determine where the jeans will come up on your torso.

Honored Contributor

If I'd bought the talls (5' 4"), I'd be wearing the waistband around my chest.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
I received mine yesterday. Going back!
I didn’t size down, too big….I find NYDJ totally inconsistent with their sizing. I am petite, ordered petite & the flare at the bottom looked awful. I don’t think I’d like this at my ankle either. Looked weird, dated.
I am giving up with online ordering 🤦‍♀️