New Contributor

Re: TSV/Mrs Prindables- disappointed :(

I have been disappointed the last 2 times that I ordered them. I think that I may order from Amy's Gourmet Apples online. Although they are more expensive, they have a lot of positive

reviews.

Valued Contributor

I just called QVC to return a Mrs. Prindables order today. Some of the apples were totally tasteless and seemed to have been frozen. They didn't taste fresh at all. I finally figured out that you have to defrost them for longer than the 45 minutes they suggest on air otherwise they are way too hard, the apples don't have that snap they talk about on TV, and the caramel is hard. It's better to let them defrost for one to two hours. Then they are as easy to cut as they look on TV and the toppings are soft enough not to crack your teeth. Some of the apples in my order are granny smith, as advertised, and some are some other kind with red skin. One was Macintosh, one tasted like something else. It is strange that they give apples that aren't what's advertised but the surprise red apples were the only ones with any kind of apple flavor whatsoever. Anyway, the last straw for me was when I cut into three consecutive apples, three days in a row and each one was riddled with brown spots throughout the whole apple. No way to cut around them and still have enough apple to eat. QVC's customer service was great and offered to send me a replacement but I don't want to take a chance (again). I feel bad enough returning an item that you don't send back to them. I wouldn't want to waste 12 more apples if they ended up being subpar too. This is the second time I've had bad luck with them so I'm done.

Esteemed Contributor

I only eat tart crispy apples & think the sweet compliments them. I like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory when in their area, but my Safeway dips large granny smith daily. I ordered Prindables one time & they were mushy inside. Got a refund & always buy fresh now.

Regular Contributor

I've been happy with my Mrs. Prindable's orders in the past. I placed an order for today's TSV and am looking forward to receiving them next month.

Honored Contributor

On 11/19/2014 melmac1114 said: I ordered a set about 5 years ago and they were delicious. But they were Pink Lady apples so maybe that was why they were so good. It was also an assortment of all nuts, which I much prefer to the candy coated ones. I think it consisted of 2 each of dark chocolate almond, milk chocolate cashew and either milk or dark chocolate with pecans. They were so good - if they brought that assortment back I'd order them again.

I think they sell the Pink Lady apples at another time of year.

Respected Contributor

I was disappointed also. They look so good in the presentation , but I won't order them again.
Honored Contributor

And I hate the copper bowl. I think they haul it out but it is the same old caramel and never fresh.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Wow! They look so delicious on tv. Thanks for telling me that. Didn't know that they didn't turn out well for most.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I have seen some ""Mrs. Prindables type apples"" at some of our more up-scale grocery stores.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Regular Contributor

I got the set last year & was pleasantly surprised at how good they were, but didn't reorder as I don't have the need for such a large set. One can only gift so many 'food items' & I purchased the HL Nutcrackers. I think many of the negative Mrs Prindable reviews stem from not following directions on refrigeration or re-gifting after you've left them out on your counter, etc. The presentation says they'll keep for a certain amount of time if you refrigerate them right away. I'm a stickler for following directions with food & I know many people are not & then expect food items to retain their freshness. Also, it shouldn't sit on front porch or steps for days & my neighbors sometimes leave their UPS packages outside for days...what is up with that?