Respected Contributor

Re: TSV LEGGINGS: ANKLE BOOTS OR FLATS

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I recently read an article online with tips for women say 50 and over on makeup and clothes.  It said women should stay away from skinny jeans, embellished jeans, etc.  I love the shiny pants Emma Watson had on but there is no way I would wear them at my age.  I had my time when I was younger but it seems fashion is more fun now and makeup.  As far as makeup rule of thumb -- less is more, oh, and wear brown mascara which I do.

@Katcat1  so should all of us over 50 wear boyfriend jeans or mom jeans?  Not sure what.  I have read articles that say if you have amazing legs to wear leggings and skinny jeans.  God gave me amazing legs, eyes and pretty hair.  The hair has turned gray and is straw dry, the eyes are not as good as they once were as they cannot differentiate color, and I cannot apply makeup to them for fear of poking myself. My legs are still in great shape.  What to wear?  It's hard for me to see what to wear.  What if I just pick something that may or may not be the right color since now I am colorblind.  

@NonametodayNo way! You rock the 💩 outta those amazing legs of yours for as long as you can!! 😉

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus,

I am not familiar with this brand for leggings.

I always wear mine with flats/ fashion sneakers and a tunic never with heels🌻

Valued Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier (I have read the thread but may have missed it), but I noticed that on the product page for the Spanx TSV there is a photo showing them on women in all of the sizes offered (XS to 3X), with a variety of heights from 5'1" to 6'. First time I've seen that (often it's just four or so women in a couple of heights and a couple of sizes). I don't know how to copy photos that expand when you roll over them, or I would post it here.

@jonbonHere it is below. I saw this picture earlier, it's a good idea; I hope they start doing this for more items.

Capture.PNG

The 3 women on the left look good and also number 6. The others NO, especially the last 2 on the right. WAY too overweight to wear anything that tight on their big thighs and big butt.

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624  Any pants, other than jeans, go on at the garage door going out....last minute. Lol

Very clever!

Honored Contributor

@manhattan1950 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier (I have read the thread but may have missed it), but I noticed that on the product page for the Spanx TSV there is a photo showing them on women in all of the sizes offered (XS to 3X), with a variety of heights from 5'1" to 6'. First time I've seen that (often it's just four or so women in a couple of heights and a couple of sizes). I don't know how to copy photos that expand when you roll over them, or I would post it here.

@jonbonHere it is below. I saw this picture earlier, it's a good idea; I hope they start doing this for more items.

Capture.PNG

The 3 women on the left look good and also number 6. The others NO, especially the last 2 on the right. WAY too overweight to wear anything that tight on their big thighs and big butt.

@manhattan1950, sometimes it's better to state the positive and keep the negative, which in this case is unkind to heavier women, to yourself.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

Capture.PNG

@Mj12, thanks for posting this -- some day, I will figure out how to do it. Regular photos, I can do; the ones that expand mystify me!

Respected Contributor

The only time I go without socks is when I wear sandals. I live in a hot climate on the west coast, and as soon as the temperature drops to the 80's I wear trouser socks or Hue or Berkshire ankle socks. I always wear socks with my leggings, whether I wear leggings with a tunic or under a dress or skirt. I wear trouser socks with flats and either trouser or ankle socks with boots when I wear leggings. It's all good.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus, my mid-calf boots are mostly lower heels, about 1-1 1/2 inch except for my C Wonder grey boots which are about 2 1/2 - 3.  I find the higher heel a little dressier.

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I can wear leggings, but they're not my favorite.  I'd rather have on jeans instead of leggings.  I do love combat boots.  The butchier, the better.  I have 2 pairs of Doc Martins.  I wear them to work along with jeans and or sneakers.  That's it.  I wear either flats or low heels in case we have meetings. But I do love my Doctor Martins! And no one can take them away from me.

I love my Docs. Have about 10 pair all styles😄

Regular Contributor

@MomCat, this is unkind.

She said it unkindly, but it's the truth that leggings aren't for everyone. If you're a 3X, something close fitting like that won't look good on you.