Honored Contributor

Re: TSV 04-01-'19 Laurie Felt Jeans

200w.webp

Trusted Contributor

"When you are humble, nothing can touch you; neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are." -Mother Teresa

"Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally… Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in. When we take something personally, we make the assumption that they know what is in our world, and we try to impose our world on their world.

Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds…Taking things personally makes you easy prey for these predators, the black magicians. They can hook you easily with one little opinion and feed you whatever poison they want, and because you take it personally, you eat it up….

As you make a habit of not taking anything personally, you won’t need to place your trust in what others do or say. You will only need to trust yourself to make responsible choices. You are never responsible for the actions of others; you are only responsible for you. When you truly understand this, and refuse to take things personally, you can hardly be hurt by the careless comments or actions of others.

If you keep this agreement, you can travel around the world with your heart completely open and no one can hurt you. You can say, “I love you,” without fear of being ridiculed or rejected. You can ask for what you need."  Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements

Super Contributor

LOL

I understood what she meant ... she did say she was sorry if it upsets anyone and that she loved farmers.. 

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

"When you are humble, nothing can touch you; neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are." -Mother Teresa

"Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally… Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in. When we take something personally, we make the assumption that they know what is in our world, and we try to impose our world on their world.

Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you. What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds…Taking things personally makes you easy prey for these predators, the black magicians. They can hook you easily with one little opinion and feed you whatever poison they want, and because you take it personally, you eat it up….

As you make a habit of not taking anything personally, you won’t need to place your trust in what others do or say. You will only need to trust yourself to make responsible choices. You are never responsible for the actions of others; you are only responsible for you. When you truly understand this, and refuse to take things personally, you can hardly be hurt by the careless comments or actions of others.

If you keep this agreement, you can travel around the world with your heart completely open and no one can hurt you. You can say, “I love you,” without fear of being ridiculed or rejected. You can ask for what you need."  Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements

@Equuleus 

Just pass this on to 15 of your closest friends.....

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

Being a farmer and looking like a farmer are two completely different things. Sheesh. I love my mother, but I don't want to look like her.

This made me actually laugh out loud.  Thanks, @Love to Run 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

There are so many real and horrible things to be offended by these days.

"You call him Mr. Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

Did someone say overalls? Here ya go! Thanks Martha Stewart!😉

CC9C3242-452E-4C50-9E5E-7C67D8B00B54.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Equuleus: So agree with this. Tried communicating this same thought to my sister as she is so sensitive and takes everything personally. My problem was not being eloquent like this. She said she didn’t understand the point I was making.  I think there is some kind of payoff for that kind of sensitivity 

Valued Contributor

@Equuleus:  You have your opinion as well as I, but I DO NOT twist words.

If you think her remark wasn't demeaning to farmers or others think, then why would she retract her remark. 

Farmers dress one way when farming, therefore she made it plain that her jeans don't look like farmers.  What should a farmer wear a tux when in the field?????????

Anyway, I was thinking about odering the jeans, but not after that remark.

Again, I DO NOT twist words.  I heard what she said.  Also, Carolyn said I wear overall's and farm jeans.  

Valued Contributor

@millieshops:  I have already been accused of twisting words. 

Why bring the farmer remark into selling and presenting her jeans?  

She could have said one can see they fit nicely, don't wrinkle in certain place (mention those places) and are very stylish.  Something positive that really describes her reason for that particular style of jean.  There was no reason at all to bring the word farmer into her description.