Frequent Contributor

Re: TSV 04-01-'19 Laurie Felt Jeans

@SeaMaiden 

Honestly, when does Caro not wear her clothes to tight? Not insulting her or anything but her stylist should really help her with that. Also, at least she doesn't practically flash us the way another host likes to do. 😊

As far as the jeans, I like them. I wear a size 4/6 and think they could be pretty nice. I like the antique color.

However, we are going into spring and summer. I just stocked up on skorts, shorts, Capri slacks, etc... I have no use for another pair of jeans right now. Also, grew up with farming and I didn't take any offense to what L.F. said. But I guess I have a thicker skin? Who knows 🤔

Have a happy day!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Being a farmer and looking like a farmer are two completely different things. Sheesh. I love my mother, but I don't want to look like her.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

Everybody sits poised ready to be offended or insulted these days.  Let's get real; the jeans worn by farmers are not cut the same as fashion jeans, nor do farmers buy jeans that are "distressed".  The denim used in real work pants is heavier than that used in fashion jeans.

There's no reason to get huffy or be insulted; Laurie was just stating the facts.  The TSV is not a sturdy work pant.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

What is up with people being offended over NOTHING?!?!?

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

I don’t care for these TSV jeans at all. It’s probably because they have a cuffed hem. 

Growing up we only wore our jeans cuffed if we hadn’t gotten around to getting them hemmed yet or were too lazy to hem them at all. I think the cuff gives jeans a sloppy look, but that’s just me. 

Respected Contributor

I thought she was referring to the overalls some farmers wear while working.

Political correctness can be, and is, used to a ridiculous degree.

Respected Contributor

oh dear, does that mean I was offended by the "not your mothers jeans" and didn't know it?

Regular Contributor

Geez, Louise!!

(oops, sorry, I didn't mean to offend any Louises' out there.)

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Trusted Contributor

🙄 seriously?!
Respected Contributor

I heard the comment and I believe that she was not putting down farmers at all. She simply said the jeans don't fit like farmer jeans, baggy. I get that, I don't want baggy jeans that I may wear working the in the yard etc. I did not think she was trying to be derogatory to farmers at all.