Valued Contributor

TSV 04-01-'19 Laurie Felt Jeans

Here I go making another post that may get deleted.

It is 10:16 AM ET and the TSV is being presentated as I write this.

That vendor, which I think may be Laurie Felt made a remark that she designed the jeans not to look like a farmer.  Poor chose of words.

I'm not a farmer, but grew up on a farm.  A farmer provides our food and other needs such as cotton for our cloth and other products as an example.  Farmers are some of the hardest working people I know.  

Laurie maybe you need to follow a farmer around one day.

After this person made the statement, I assume someone from the control room said somethinig in her ear, because she retracted that remark.  Honey, damage already done.

This is one of the reasons that I don't watch a lot of the Q any longer.  They have vendors that insult, are pushy and just don't get the real world outside their design/fashion circle.

I will continue to go on line to do my Q shopping when I'm wanting to see what had aired for the day.

QVC you really need to clean house with vendors, host and quality of products.

There needs to be more Gary Goban's, Bob Mackie's, Louis Del'Olio's, Tova's and these are just in the fashion industry.  You all know where I am going with this.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV 04-01-'19 Laurie Felt Jeans

@Q: Boy, do you ever need to clean house!!

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.
Honored Contributor

I missed the remark this morning but she did say that samething with Shawn a few weeks ago and Shawn said "there is nothing wrong with being a farmer" and Laurie corrected herself.  I can't believe that she said it again.

Respected Contributor

Why does everyone need to be ultra senstive these days.  Come on we all knew what she meant.  

Esteemed Contributor

good grief

Trusted Contributor

Oh brother.

Trusted Contributor

@JCF she said nothing to apologize for.  she did not discriminate farmers, their work, or belittle what farmers do.  Stop twisting words and meanings.  She was referring to her clothing looking like something you would wear if you were a farmer working in the clothing. 

Honored Contributor

@JCFOh please.  I grew up in farm country, know we can 't live without our farmers, etc.   but, seriously, the farm boys I dated never wore their working clothes to school or on dates -  assuming their farm was prosperous enough to give them a choice.  I could visualize exactly what she was seeing - it's not how I want any of my clothes to fit me.

I'm not buying her jeans, but that's because they are absolutely the wrong style for my body.  They would have been when I was 50+ pounds heavier than now and they still are.   Should I be offended that she has the nerve to TSV something I can't buy?   I suspect you know my answer.

Honored Contributor

I think these farmer jeans look awful on Carolyn.  Too tight!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't take much to offend some.  I have heard/read comments about jeans and that some said they don't wear them because they don't want to look like a farmer or construction worker.  She was just stating that these jeans were designed for fashion and not as work clothes!  She never said anything derogatory about the profession of farming!!  What one would wear to work on a farm is different than what the everyday person would wear in jeans!  Nothing wrong with that!!

Those that take offense at such innocent things must surely have a hard time living life unoffended!!!