Honored Contributor

Re: TOPS: CREW NECK, V NECK, SCOOP NECK, ETC.?

@Texasmouse wrote:

I have discovered that whether or not a neckline is flattering has a lot to do with whether you have a long neck or a short neck, whether your shoulders are broad or narrow and often, a combination of the two.  I have a long neck and narrow shoulders so anything too low makes me look like a giraffe. I need a higher neckline like a crewneck or a mockneck and a defined shoulder.  Also, scarves look great on me, whereas my friend (who has a very short neck) hates them because she says she feels "smothered" in them. I wish I could wear lower necklines because my neck still looks pretty good, as does my collarbone,  but they just don't work for me. 

@Texasmouse  This makes sense!  I'm the opposite like your friend.  I have a short neck on a short frame and can't wear turtlenecks at all.  For me it's the scoop neck to open up the overall look.  My neck is still decent looking too.

Respected Contributor

I have really pronounced collar bones so I cant stand to wear boatneck or crew necks. 

I like u, v, scoop, zip, button or turtleneck tops, t's and blouses.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

Turtleneck or crew neck sweaters unless its designed to layer over a shirt. For layering, a v-neckline is the best look for me when worn over t-neck or shirt.

My general preference is the higher the neckline the better I like it.