Super Contributor

Does anyone have Tommie Copper items? What do you have and what is your opinion about it? Thank you!

Super Contributor

I have 1 for the knee and the shorts for a hip flexor issue. Neither seem to be helpful, and I find the shorts irritate my skin (maybe from the copper).

Super Contributor

Oh my....well I was looking at that knee flex thing. I wonder if you have a copper allergy or sensitivity? That's too bad. I do have sensitive skin. But darn if I don't have the worst knee pain lately! Sheesh. You're darned if you do, huh? uggh.

Contributor

I bought a Tommie Copper knee wrap for someone who works as a waiter and was having knee pain and fatigue. He said that his knee improved greatly as soon as he started wearing it. He does not have a sensitivity to copper. I chose it after reading the positive remarks about the product.

Super Contributor

Really? Hmmm well maybe I should try it then. I just wondered if it helped, you know, there are just days when it just about kills me! My other knee isn't so bad, so I'd just need one. I don't know anyone who's tried it, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks ladies. Something to think about for sure. Some days I really think about ordering one. I will report back if I do and let everyone know how it works out. I would have to think that it would help when you walk, right? I just have aching some days that kills me. Just age and arthritis..... getting old!

Super Contributor

I have a Tommy Copper for each knee and have had them for well over a year. I really like them. They are no cure, but for me, I find they do make my knees feel better and I always reach for them when my knees start to ache. I don't know if it's just the compression or the copper that helps. IMO, it's worth a try.

Sometimes I sleep in them because my knees bother me at night, I think from keeping them in the same position too long. The rubber or latex or whatever it is used at the top of the sleeve to hold it on can be irritating to the skin if you are sensitive to it. I just fold it over toward the outside and have no problem after that. They may have made improvements to this since I purchased mine.

I believe you can return them for a refund if you find it doesn't help you. Their customer service seems very friendly, at least they were when I bought mine. I have been thinking about ordering some new ones as mine are beginning to show signs of wear -- that's a hint on how much I've used them.

Honored Contributor

IMA,

Have you tried turmeric as a supplement?

Super Contributor
On 8/7/2014 lolakimono said:

IMA,

Have you tried turmeric as a supplement?

Hi Lola! No I haven't tried that, do you think it would help? I will ask about that, I will run in to GNC and look for it. I am willing to try anything. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

My husband has knee problems from running. He wears a TC knee support. He said it helps. I don't know if it's the copper or the compression.

If you sign up on their site, you get coupons and other promotions.