Esteemed Contributor

TJMaxx Shopping Spree

[ Edited ]

I went to TJMaxx today and they had so many fabulous things it was like a kid in a candy shoppe. Bought some great tops and pants and a great sheer blouse for spring all
Under $90. I also bought a $400 handbag for $129. So pleased. And no shipping and handling. This particular store carries top notch merchandise in a beautiful atmosphere.

Respected Contributor

@Teddixat   tj's is my most favorite store! when we go into the city, sometimes i go in for a power shop at the jewelry counter. i always have dh with me, but it's my card, and i pay the bills.  i can pick out sometimes a dozen items there in under a half hour.  (black belt in shopping)

Honored Contributor

LOVE me some TJ!

Once a week DD and I meet for lunch/shopping and we always hit TJ's, Marshalls, Ross and Home Goods. 

Some good bargains to be found!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I LOVE spending a day bargain hunting at TJ's and Marshalls.  Both of the stores near me did an entire renovation a few years back and they are such a pleasure to shop at now.

Sounds like you found some nice things, @Teddixat !

Honored Contributor

@TJMaxx is one of my favorite stores.  We have a good one in our area.  The one in the city is not so good.  It is always dirty as well but here is a great one and it is hard getting the bargains before they get picked over.  It's like a Monday morning treasure hunt.  I also get nice candles, gifts, Philosophy products there and lots of facial products, cleaners, astringents, moisturizers, etc.

Trusted Contributor

I popped into HG today- Didn't see much and contemplated a stop in TJ's but headed home.  Trying to be responsible.  (yuk)

Best chain ever.  Love all of them, Marshalls, TJMaxx, Homegoods.  Can't be beat.  If  you have a good one nearby they're the best. 

Honored Contributor

TJ Max,  Marshalls, Ross are a blast from the past for me.  Years ago I was able to purchase extraordinary items that would show up periodically.,...John Hardy earrings, Waterford lamp, Renato watches, a box of Joy perfume ....all at unbeatable prices.  I don't find these higher end items like I use to,  but there are still bargains to be had.  I can count on my Dr. Bonners products fairly regularly. I seldom frequent these stores any more, but I can certainly relate to the joy of the 'hunt".  Happy shopping ladies!

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you found some things you wanted at a good price. I always enjoy shopping at TJs/Marshalls/HomeGoods.

Honored Contributor

I like TJM, but haven't had much success there in a while.  We have a combo TJM and HG.  It's a huge store and always packed.  

Honored Contributor

TJ Maxx is one of the nicer stores near me.   Otherwise I have to drive 10 miles for good shopping.

I love the handbags, jewelry, beauty products, luggage, kitchen items, kids stuff & clothing.   

One complaint though.   Not sure if it's just because I am now old & cranky but did TJMaxx always have shopping carts?    I usually shop during the day, when everyone is at work but these women power shopping with shopping carts are very annoying.  Maybe my store is too small.    You can hardly go down an aisle if someone is there with a cart.   I find myself just leaving the store, I can't compete.    I don't recall any department store with shopping carts.