Valued Contributor

TJ Maxx resumes online ordering today

TJ Maxx is now taking online orders, but the catch is they are only taking a certain number of orders per day.

I saw the announcement on CNBC and went to the site to see they are already done for today at 1pm!

Honored Contributor

Re: TJ Maxx resumes online ordering today

@lianne wrote:

TJ Maxx is now taking online orders, but the catch is they are only taking a certain number of orders per day.

I saw the announcement on CNBC and went to the site to see they are already done for today at 1pm!

@lianne  - thanks for the update! Good to see measured, thoughtful reopenings. More to come!!! 

Some posters  are now adding daily doom and gloom updates and running around to all of the forums to spread fear, negativity, wag fingers and dictate to others about how they can live their lives. 300+ million Americans are alive and are capable of making their own decisions. Oh and many of these CC squarters brag sbout not shopping at Q - harassing Q shoppers - they should be banned

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Are these orders for shipment from a TJM warehouse, or for pickup from a TJM store?  If the former, why would they set a daily limit?

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Are these orders for shipment from a TJM warehouse, or for pickup from a TJM store?  If the former, why would they set a daily limit?

There are still restrictions on staffing that will be gradually expanding

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr Wild guess here -   they know how many warehouse employees they have and how many packages they can handle -   or they know how many packages they've found transportation to ship.

Not quite the same, but there's a great donut shop near me -  their hours are 7 AM until we sell out.  

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr   i think there are few workers in their WH and they don't want to get overwhelmed. 

be careful what you purchase from them online. they aren't great at online orders.  i ordered jeans on March 16 and they closed operations March 19.  They charged me for 4 pair and shipped 3. one pair wasnt even the correct style yet they stuck the SKU for it on the pkg, another pair almost fell apart in shreds.  i had another order with issues w them before.

Valued Contributor

I would imagine their warehouses were closed and it probably took them a while to get their admin and order systems set up to be used remotely.

I didnt order from them online very often, but when I did I got my orders fairly quickly.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't order online until their stores were open so I could return it locally if I wanted to.
Esteemed Contributor

TJX has never bothered to have a usable website in Canada where you could actually buy stuff so I'll have to wait until the bricks and mortar Winners, Winners/Homesense, Homesense, and Marxhalls stores reopen up here. I have no idea how they will organize the store for social distancing but I'm not holding my breath.

During the quarantine where the only physical stores you could buy clothes at easily were Walmart Canada, The Real Canadian Superstore (the Joe Fresh clothing lines) and Costco, I bought some nice clothes from Walmart Canada and also some Joe Fresh athletic wear from the Canadian Superstore.

Walmart has put a lot of their swimwear on half price clearance and marked down their spring clothes that never sold due to the quarantine. I grabbed a tankini swimwear top for $15 CDN a gray python print blouse for $11 CDN, and a couple of  sheer high low tunic blouses for $17 each..perfect breezy tops for a hot summer day.

Honored Contributor

maybe I will window shop,