Honored Contributor

Re: TIE DYING IS EVERYWHERE....AGAIN!

I love tie-dye (esp. LOGO's) and think it looks very updated, not dated.
Honored Contributor

I like to see a TD shirt with jeans in a casual setting and it looks pretty on vacation.  I have a pretty blue and white top by Karen Kane.

Honored Contributor

I like it in both fashion and home decor.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus the kids that work for me are crazy about it.  Most are mid 20's early - mid 30's.  It's crazy.  

Personally, a bit is ok.  I'm a bit older so not really into fads.  Truthfully, old enough to not want to go back to fads that I did before.   Not sure how to say if the print is bigger and not so "in my face" it's ok (?)  The really busy prints I"ll leave for the youngsters...

Honored Contributor

When I was young, it was very popular!  Everything was tie dyed.  And our jeans were all splotchy!  We used dye and gum bands to dye our t-shirts--- what a mess!  We used bleach to make our jeans all splotchy!

Some of the new tie dye things are really cute!  Much more refined than back in the day!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of bright color tie dye's but funny you should mention it @Shanus because I just bought a die dye maxi dress at Norstroms. It's by the brand "All in Favor" & it's in the color Blue. Its a cloudy tie dye which is smocked at the waist. Love it & the price of 59.00. Their is a short video of it on Norstrom's website & its perfect for the florida hummid days. Maybe someone can post a pic since their are only 2 of that brand at Nordie's. I got a generous gift certificate for xmas & bought another dress & a pair of shoes.

Honored Contributor

Is this the dress  @Kabella ?

ALL IN FAVOR Smocked Waist Tie Dye Maxi Dress, Main, color, BLUE TIE DYE

Honored Contributor

Here's another one at Nordstroms @Kabella

Tie Dye Ombré Jersey Maxi Dress

Frache by J (99.00)

FRAICHE BY J Tie Dye Ombré Jersey Maxi Dress, Main, color, BURGUNDY

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@Shanus the kids that work for me are crazy about it.  Most are mid 20's early - mid 30's.  It's crazy.  

Personally, a bit is ok.  I'm a bit older so not really into fads.  Truthfully, old enough to not want to go back to fads that I did before.   Not sure how to say if the print is bigger and not so "in my face" it's ok (?)  The really busy prints I"ll leave for the youngsters...

@Jtdmum   I still go with the adage I read years ago, "If you're old enough to remember the style or trend the first time around, you're too old to wear it now". My one exception is my distressed jeans...same prs. I wore in college. No one takes those away from me. I live in them.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   This reads as a blue shaded watercolor print to me...not the type of bright multi-color tie dye I'm seeing.