Honored Contributor

TIE DYING IS EVERYWHERE....AGAIN!

[ Edited ]

I saw some tie dyed garments last year, but they're out in full force for spring/summer. I'm not sure I'm ready to go back to the 60's & 70's. It somehow looks dated.

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: TIE DYING IS EVERYWHERE....AGAIN!

I like it

Honored Contributor

I grew up with a sister who loved Clorox and half my clothes, if washed by her instead of our laundry lady, were tie-dyed by accident.  Hate them.  My sister ruined a lot of clothes.  She rarely did any work but she would wash clothes when pressed by our grandmother to do some work.  I think she did it on purpose so she would not have to wash again.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, it looks (out)dated.

Even 50 years ago, a lot of the off the rack looked like old 'painter's' shirts.

I tie-dyed a few myself back then, just to get flattering colours, and to size & place the colour blotches in flattering ways.

Honored Contributor

actually got rid of all my TD stuff a few years ago, but might get  1 piece for the summer.

Honored Contributor

If it's done strategically in a pattern then I think it can look attractive...as opposed to a random type, abstract type of thing which I don't care for. 

Honored Contributor

I really love/like it.

Some of the patterns are beautifully tie dyed.  

I'm not crazy about the brightly colored ones such as reds and bright contrasting color combinations.

(The tonal options are the ones I seem to like.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I like having a couple pieces of tie dye items in my closet.  I like the one color tie dyes too and not the bright multicolor ones.   I still have a Q Liz Claiborne scoop neck tie dye short sleeve tee which I’ve always liked and still looks like new.  I just received the Denim & Co TSV in blue crystal tie dye.  It’s really cute.  

Honored Contributor

I didn't like it the first time around, and my opinion hasn't changed.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I've loved it forever and still do.

It never really goes away, just gets more popular some years.  Much like animal print.l