Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

Turned on Q2 and caught the end of a presentation of a jacket.  They were discussing how stretchable the garment was - fine.  The host and one model had the garment buttoned up.  However the larger sized model - Jackie?- was standing there with it wide open - and I mean wide open.  It appeared to me it was two sizes too small for her.

What irks me is that when modeling any type of sweater/jacket all models should first model it closed, then opened (so we can see how thick the garment under it is) and closed again.  Also, don't know if they gave the sizing, but if they give the sizing they should also, at least give the usual size each model wears.  Imho, anything short of this is remiss and is a mis representation of the fit.  Same applies with winter outerwear:  models should wear thick winter sweaters/sweatshirts so we have a better idea of the fit.

I'm familiar with the click-here measurements, but I feel they are a hit or miss of the true item sizing.  Perhaps more realistic representations might reduce returns and even increase purchases.

Well, I vented - thanks!

Perhaps going to a local store and personally trying on a jacket would be the best option for you.

@ID2. Not everyone has a 'local' store. Not everyone has transportation, not everyone is physically able, etc.

Honored Contributor
1. I didn’t say anything about the use of the word.
2. I said I never wrote or typed the word.
3. Those aren’t definitions! Etymology is word origin.

Didn’t you ever wonder where words come from? I’ve been reading Isidore of Seville’s Etymologies ... very interesting! He wrote it around 615-630 A.D.

@kitCat1
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
1. I didn’t say anything about the use of the word.
2. I said I never wrote or typed the word.
3. Those aren’t definitions! Etymology is word origin.

Didn’t you ever wonder where words come from? I’ve been reading Isidore of Seville’s Etymologies ... very interesting! He wrote it around 615-630 A.D.

@kitCat1

@ALRATIBA

I find etymology fascinating! Learning the origin of certain cliches and/or turns of phrase is always fun too. 'Scott free' for example, has a really creepy basis. I enjoyed your post. It didn't strike me as negative in any way shape or form

Honored Contributor

Etymology fascinates me.  I almost majored in it in college.

Frankly, learning new things fascinates me.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.