Esteemed Contributor

I am not a scarf person though they look nice on others.  I totally respect and like Dr Birx but I guess I might be in the minority here, I actually think she appears a little sloppy at times and her hair is always a hot mess.  JMO, as I stated I totally respect her.

Honored Contributor

I have noticed her clothes, someone said they are outdated.  Maybe so, but this woman bought quality. I'd love to see her closet.  Perhaps she buys vintage, but I'm thinking her closet is a trip back in time.  

Respected Contributor

Re: “THE SCARF LADY”

[ Edited ]

@Biftu wrote:

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i noticed those scarves right away as a pattern with her.  i agree with @lulu1  tho, that sometimes they can be distracting. 

my bf said that dr. birx was going to start a trend ... and sure enough, there is nancy pelosi wearing scarves all of a sudden! 

Nancy is wearing scarfs as mask protectors not a fashion statement.

She's also been wearing scarves for years, as a quick look through older online photos will show. She just doesn't wear them every single day, like Birx.

ETA: Here's an article from 2007 which speaks to Pelosi's use of scarves while traveling: Sometimes a pretty scarf is more than a pretty scarf 

Honored Contributor

Interesting that the woman is being lauded for her scarves and not her medical ability

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   I mentioned her brilliant mind in the OP, but since this is the Fashion Forum, well,  lots of others have comments about her scarves. Her medical stats are not diminished by knowing how to do a French knot.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i noticed those scarves right away as a pattern with her.  i agree with @lulu1  tho, that sometimes they can be distracting. 

my bf said that dr. birx was going to start a trend ... and sure enough, there is nancy pelosi wearing scarves all of a sudden! 

@fancy pantsy   I think maybe come fall, we'll be seeing many beautiful scarves available for customers. 

i think you're right @Shanus, and i do love to accessorize with a scarf now and then! 

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

Love her scarves.....she doesn't know what she's missing on manicures Woman Very Happy.

@Hoovermom - True, but I can understand not having manicures since she is an M.D. But I can't believe she's never treated herself to a PEDICURE! Smiley Surprised

Would you be shocked to know that I have never had a professional manicure or pedicure? I don't wear polish and just take care of my nails (kept very short) and feet at home.

I have never  had a manicure or a pedicure...Or a massage... was just never important to me.  I take care of myself. Even trim my own hair. 

Valued Contributor

I love watching and listening to The Scarf Lady.  I admire her sophistication and calm demeanor.  She is the total opposite of me.  lol

Also love seeing how she styles those scarves differently.  Maybe she watches How To videos on YouTube in her spare time.

Honored Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I love watching and listening to The Scarf Lady.  I admire her sophistication and calm demeanor.  She is the total opposite of me.  lol

Also love seeing how she styles those scarves differently.  Maybe she watches How To videos on YouTube in her spare time.

@Tessa Mendoza   lol. In the midst of a pandemic spare time? Felt badly labeling her the Scarf Lady, but guess others identified, as well. 

Honored Contributor

Lol My son calls her the lady with all of the ribbons! Lol! 

"Pure Michigan"