Honored Contributor

Re: THE PUMPKIN PATCH 🎃

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
The last time I went pumpkin picking it was 80 degrees and I wore capris and sandals. 😄 I live in Maryland where it can still be warm end of September/early October.

The idea of needing special outfits for pumpkin patches, farmers markets and other places where you're not there for a long while is amusing. It's an old sales tactic. Wonder if it works outside of this board...

@Cumbercookie13   Oh, give this board more credit. Pumpkin outfits exist only in the minds of the Q’s sale’s teams.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well excuse me but I think it is a great idea to dress up and go to the pumpkin/punkin patch.  You will have a great day with a lot of fun, some great pumpkins and a lot of fun pictures to remember the day by.

We are still picking peaches here, so that's not such a seasonal occasion.

Don't you dress in something seasonal to go cut down a Christmas tree?  I would. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe pumpkin and apple picking is something they do in that area of PA. I grow my own pumpkins and go to the orchard for apples, but the apples are already picked. I am assuming they don't actually pick the apples off the tree or remove the pumpkins from the vine, they just pick out what they want.

Honored Contributor

I have .... a number of times.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SoX  Yes, the ole’ timers started this entire, ridiculous notion that you changed into a special outfit to traipse through the mud to carry your dirty pumpkin to the trunk of your car. Geeeeez!

That is not what many pumpkin patches are, and yes, they are quite popular in some areas. I just don’t get why this bothers some people so much. If it doesn’t apply to you, ignore it. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I heard one!  A host!  Yes I did!  Very recently. 

@Foxxee- I did, too, but I can't for the life of me remember which host it was.  I just remember thinking "Wow!  Mentioning the pumpkin patch this early?"

Trusted Contributor

I think I heard Angel say it the other day on Quacker Factory but it doesn't bother me.  It's just a sales technique.  

Honored Contributor

@mac116  lol  Truth be told, special clothing for most "affairs" isn't a requirement except maybe to the person dressing herself or himself.  Most good souls just want us to show up and not strive to be the cewnter of attention!

So true about the shoes -  whether you're picking apples or berries or pumpkins.  Old shoes with closed toes please.

Honored Contributor

I think it's the only way they can convince people to buy those toddler sweatshirts with pumpkins and scarecrows across the chest.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SoX  Yes, the ole’ timers started this entire, ridiculous notion that you changed into a special outfit to traipse through the mud to carry your dirty pumpkin to the trunk of your car. Geeeeez!

That is not what many pumpkin patches are, and yes, they are quite popular in some areas. I just don’t get why this bothers some people so much. If it doesn’t apply to you, ignore it. 

@jonbon   Sorry you were offended.