Honored Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: THE CONSTANT STORIES.....WILL THEY EVER END???

I don't like host bashing and in all honesty don't generally have strong opinions one way or other about the hosts.  However, i will say that Jane is the ONLY host I will not watch because I also get tired of her never ending stories about her family and no information about the product.   How she keeps her job is beyond me but apparently some people tune in to hear her stories and shop while doing so, she has a following.   Can't begin to imagine why but I'm not complaining, QVC has saved me money by having her host shows that normally I would watch!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Does anyone agree with me that "Jane's Jam" is just too silly??

It's downright embarrassing! 

Since I rarely watch her because of the never ending stories, can someone explain what Jane's Jam is?  Thanks.

@Perkup: They start playing music. Then someone dances onto the set holding a big blue sign that says "Jane's Jam." Next, the models, vendors, and even a backstage guy, come dancing onto the set from both the left and right sides to join Jane. They all bump and grind for about half a minute. It's quite a spectacle! Some may find it entertaining. I think it's tacky, LOL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Frequent Contributor

I want to hear about the shoes...not the stories.    This has probably been mentioned before, but it really upsets me to see Jane try shoes on with bare feet.   What do they do with those shoes afterwards???    Hoping that they are shipped out to  us customers!!!   She should wear "peds" when doing her shoe show.    Also, please let the shoe vendor talk about the product.   They know what they're talking about & I want to hear them ....not Jane's chattering voice.    Sorry for the rant!

Frequent Contributor

I meant to say that I hope that the shoes are NOT shipped to us customers....

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Since I rarely watch her because of the never ending stories, can someone explain what Jane's Jam is?  Thanks.

@Perkup: They start playing music. Then someone dances onto the set holding a big blue sign that says "Jane's Jam." Next, the models, vendors, and even a backstage guy, come dancing onto the set from both the left and right sides to join Jane. They all bump and grind for about half a minute. It's quite a spectacle! Some may find it entertaining. I think it's tacky, LOL.

Bump and grind??? Really? Yes, it's a silly little segment they do on the show for fun. No big deal.

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Thanks for the warning.  I am quite certain I would also find it to be both tacky and unwatchable.  So if I ever decide to watch SSWJ again (probably won't happen) I'll be sure to cut it off as soon as I hear music starting up.I have to wonder who at QVC thinks that watching middle aged women and men bump and grind is entertaining. Get me some little guys - ages 2 to 12 and I might find it "cute".  For me, watching these 50+ folks act childish is more or less disgusting.

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Thanks for the warning.  I am quite certain I would also find it to be both tacky and unwatchable.  So if I ever decide to watch SSWJ again (probably won't happen) I'll be sure to cut it off as soon as I hear music starting up.I have to wonder who at QVC thinks that watching middle aged women and men bump and grind is entertaining. Get me some little guys - ages 2 to 12 and I might find it "cute".  For me, watching these 50+ folks act childish is more or less disgusting.

As I stated in my previous comment, I would by no means describe the dance as "bump and grind."

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

As I stated in my previous comment, I would by no means describe the dance as "bump and grind."

@jonbon@Perkup:  l don't want my description to be misunderstood. I certainly didn't mean to imply that it was "vulgar" type dancing, LOL. It was silly and childish, IMO, but harmless.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@jonbon@Perkup:  l don't want my description to be misunderstood. I certainly didn't mean to imply that it was "vulgar" type dancing, LOL. It was silly and childish, IMO, but harmless.

Thank you for clarifying! Smiley Happy