Trusted Contributor

THE CONSTANT STORIES.....WILL THEY EVER END???

Just once I want to see a shoe show with Jane and not hear a story about someone in her family or where she is going in NY and what restaurant she will be going to, etc. etc.  I live 5 minutes from Manhattan and really, I'm not impressed with hearing her stories of going into the City.  I always DVR her shows so then I can fast forward until I see something I'm interested in........but it never fails there always has to be a family story. 

The best was when she just started a presentation and didn't even get to talk about the shoe because she said "oh we ran out of time"!  Gee, I can't imagine why!  Just once, I really would like to see and hear the entire presentation, I know that's why I watch, to see if I want to make the purchase, not to hear about her daughters, her sister, her brother, the cat, the recitals, the restaurants and it goes on ad nauseum.   Geez I wonder if her husband is jealous, never heard her mention him!  

I must say I'm very surprised her producers don't tell her to tone it down, isn't it the host's job to present the products so the Q can make money? 

Respected Contributor

Re: THE CONSTANT STORIES.....WILL THEY EVER END???

I'm sure it's hard to fill all the air time for each product, so she uses the stories as a time-filler.  I don't mind the stories.

Esteemed Contributor

In a 15-minute TSV presentation, she briefly mentioned that two family members use the orthotic inserts and her sister has to have half sizes.  IMO that's not overkill.  That presentation is currently posted on the website if anyone wants to check.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I've said in the past, if her stories didn't sell product, she wouldn't be telling so many. I enjoy her shows.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone agree with me that "Jane's Jam" is just too silly??

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Just once I'd like to not see this same subject brought up.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I don't mind Jane talking about her family, etc., but I'll agree with you about Jane's Jam.  And who is that guy that always joins them?  He's the silliest of all.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Jane's Jam is much too close to Toe Jam...ewwwwwwww....

Honored Contributor

I don't watch these shoe shows, but since I live on the other side of the country, the locations the hosts seem to talk about, the restaurants where they eat, and the whole Madison Avenue talk...all very insignificant to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

It's downright embarrassing!