Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 363
Registered: ‎02-26-2015

TAlbots May collection sneak peek

Talbot's May sneak peak is up ! Lots pf pinks and tie dyes, and parrots! 

also some weird tencel joggers that do not look flattering. I also noticed a few items from last summer! being presented as new.

 

I do love the hot pink long sleefe voile top embroidered with parrots on the sleeves.

 

also , many new items added to sale, and 40 % off. There was a flash sale of 50% off two, so I think that will be hitting soon. June is the big blow out red door sale

 

 

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 671
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: TAlbots May collection sneak peek

I was so disappointed after viewing the new May collection. It just looks like the same old offerings to me. Same styles with a different print. I wasn’t tempted by anything.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 363
Registered: ‎02-26-2015

Re: TAlbots May collection sneak peek

I agree! very limited ! I was so surprised to see items from last summer! 

I still want that pink blouse with the parrots on the sleeves,lol. 

That might be the only item I pick up when they have a sale.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,689
Registered: ‎02-14-2017

Re: TAlbots May collection sneak peek

That embroidered denim skirt is cute.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,508
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: TAlbots May collection sneak peek


@dnna wrote:

Talbot's May sneak peak is up ! Lots pf pinks and tie dyes, and parrots! 

also some weird tencel joggers that do not look flattering. I also noticed a few items from last summer! being presented as new.

 

I do love the hot pink long sleefe voile top embroidered with parrots on the sleeves.

 

also , many new items added to sale, and 40 % off. There was a flash sale of 50% off two, so I think that will be hitting soon. June is the big blow out red door sale

 

 

 


Ha ha -- I already ordered those!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,508
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: TAlbots May collection sneak peek

[ Edited ]

@Steffdoggy00 wrote:
I was so disappointed after viewing the new May collection. It just looks like the same old offerings to me. Same styles with a different print. I wasn’t tempted by anything.

Anyone who shops a lot at Talbots knows that they offer similar styles from year with new details or colors. Always have. They add in some items following newer trends, but the Talbots "look" doesn't vary much. I found several things that I liked, so ...

 

P.S. I would like to know what was offered from last year as new, as another poster stated. I have never seen them do that except for maybe a basic re-offered with a new collection.

Super Contributor
Posts: 363
Registered: ‎02-26-2015

Re: TAlbots May collection sneak peek

denim tie hem top -not a good fit

denim flounce hem dress- nope

flower embroidered gauze top -which I purchased in Navy and yelllow

embroidered gauze a line dress- so pretty, could not get a size that worked for me

 

these were all on deep discount so I am surprised they are still in stock. I started with Talbots when I started teaching in1975!!! been around for a while. I always find something that I love in the monthly collection

good luck with those joggers in tencel-they should feel really nice. The picture does not do them justice

Super Contributor
Posts: 359
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: TAlbots May collection sneak peek

Two skirts I purchased and really like are being offered again in the catalog I received today. The Button Down denim skirt and the candy stripe midi skirt. Both were purchased under $30.00 on a Flash Sale. Both are good qualit and I should have for years. They have good sales and I have learned to wait.

I wonder if there was shortages on fabric. I also saw a blouse in a fabric that I purchased in another style last year. 

On another note I took my Highlander in yesterday to check a tire and could hardly believe the lack of inventory. A salesman  said they had went from over 300 to under 40 Toyotas due to the chip shortage. Shortages are becoming normal in many areas. I have family in the building business and the struggles are real getting supplies.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,508
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: TAlbots May collection sneak peek


@dnna wrote:

denim tie hem top -not a good fit

denim flounce hem dress- nope

flower embroidered gauze top -which I purchased in Navy and yelllow

embroidered gauze a line dress- so pretty, could not get a size that worked for me

 

these were all on deep discount so I am surprised they are still in stock. I started with Talbots when I started teaching in1975!!! been around for a while. I always find something that I love in the monthly collection

good luck with those joggers in tencel-they should feel really nice. The picture does not do them justice


That's very interesting! I thought the denim pieces looked a little familiar, but as you know since you've been shopping at Talbots for a long time, they frequently do something that's almost the same as a previous piece (a madras blazer that's identical to one from a previous season, except for the fact that the plaid is a different "colorway"; a tee that uses the same fabric as one done previously, but there are buttons or the trim is just a bit different or the sleeves are cut differently). I don't remember seeing exactly the same thing, though, when it wasn't a "basic" item that they bring back every year in a new color range. These had to be reorders, don't you think? They seem to have pretty much all sizes available, and they are pictured with items that are definitely from this year's new merchandise. I think the pandemic messed with their manufacturing and shipping last year, so maybe that has something to do with it.

 

I hope the tencel joggers are nice (I got the denim-look ones, not the colored ones). I'm a very petite person, and I think they will be a fun casual look. I'll have to play around with tops and shoes. I actually did think it was humorous that you thought they were weird and did not look flattering ... and I had immediately ordered them ($25 off pants right now, and they qualified!). Smiley Happy (My daughter ordered the dip-dyed joggers at full price -- something we NEVER do -- because she was afraid they would sell out in her size, and she is a major pink lover.)