Trusted Contributor

Re: TAlbots Fans-The Holiday Look Book preview is up

Thanks Kathy, I for one don't consider Talbots  stuffy!  I'm a New Yorker and like Talbots for their classic everyday apparel.  The quality for the price point is one of the best.  

Honored Contributor

I saw the Fall look book earlier this year and wanted everything I saw, so I am refraining from the Holiday book for now ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I know that a lot of people think Talbots clothing is stuffy and dull but when I see the way they put items together in this preview book I think they are not as dull and stuffy as people think.  We have had two "fashion shows" at the store I work at and we use real customers as our models.  TAlbots sends two stylists in to do the show and when I see the way they put outfits together with the accessories like jewelry and scarfs I am astonished at how fashionable the ladies look.  If you ever get a chance to attend one of these shows I would urge you to go.  They are so interesting.

I aspire to dress a bit more like the clothing is styled in the look books. I love the way they combine things in unexpected ways, use unexpected color/pattern combinations, etc. I'm not a total "matchy-matchy" person, but I would like to step out the box just a little more. Yes, some of it is a little "much" for everyday wear, but it's the spirit and the idea that I like.

(I used to feel the same way when I saw some Isaac shows -- I would not necessarily have combined things as they did, but I loved the colors and patterns and sense of fun in the clothing.)