Honored Contributor

TALBOT'S FRIENDS AND FAMILY SALE -- 30% off

Talbot's 30% off everything Friends and Family sale started today for Talbot's cardholders, tomorrow for everyone.   I went today because for today only, there was a special on a cable knit sweater for $39.50 and it's divine!  When I first saw it I thought I might not like it - I'm not a fan of button decorations along the shoulders.  But then I tried one on and it felt wonderfully soft and I ended up with three of them at this price: a beautiful deep red great for the holidays, a pretty periwinkle blue (more blue than purple) and a deep coral color (I own very little coral and I just got a LOGO LINKS coral necklace on mega-clearance that will go great with this).  I relunctantly left behind the light pink one (which will be great to go way into spring with) in favor of the darker coral.

I also bought a really lovely teal Aran Stiched Cowlneck Poncho - one of the few ponchos that has ever looked good on me in the 50 years since the 1960s that I've tried to wear a poncho (it's wool blend and quite warm and has "arms" and buttons at the side so it isn't so poncho-ey in terms of being voluminous and swallowing me up) a cute 3/4 sleeve indigo "tee tinsel dots" as it's called  top with silver metallic dots on it and a clearance (with an additional 30% off) lovely cotton club 3/4 sleeve summery top in ivory with ivory crochet across the top 1/3 of it that will go excellently under a lot of my LOGO pieces. Oh yes, and a couple of more solid long-sleeved pima cotton tops - Talbot's are divine and only about $20.60 with the 30% off (so much better than Susan Graver's and less money!).   The 30% off is on everything in your order except it wasn't on the specially-priced sweaters.  They are supposed to be going back up to $69.50 (the price on the tag) tomorrow but I guess they'll be 30% off that during this sale.

So @gidgetgh, did you do any damage today? Since each store has different selections of merchandise,   I'm sure I'll be going back to another store during this sale - which goes through next Wednesday 11/9. I just had to go today to get that cable sweater deal and I'm glad I did.

Honored Contributor

Re: TALBOT'S FRIENDS AND FAMILY SALE -- 30% off

@Pearlee wrote:

Talbot's 30% off everything Friends and Family sale started today for Talbot's cardholders, tomorrow for everyone.   I went today because for today only, there was a special on a cable knit sweater for $39.50 and it's divine!  When I first saw it I thought I might not like it - I'm not a fan of button decorations along the shoulders.  But then I tried one on and it felt wonderfully soft and I ended up with three of them at this price: a beautiful deep red great for the holidays, a pretty periwinkle blue (more blue than purple) and a deep coral color (I own very little coral and I just got a LOGO LINKS coral necklace on mega-clearance that will go great with this).  I relunctantly left behind the light pink one (which will be great to go way into spring with) in favor of the darker coral.

I also bought a really lovely teal Aran Stiched Cowlneck Poncho - one of the few ponchos that has ever looked good on me in the 50 years since the 1960s that I've tried to wear a poncho (it's wool blend and quite warm and has "arms" and buttons at the side so it isn't so poncho-ey in terms of being voluminous and swallowing me up) a cute 3/4 sleeve indigo "tee tinsel dots" as it's called  top with silver metallic dots on it and a clearance (with an additional 30% off) lovely cotton club 3/4 sleeve summery top in ivory with ivory crochet across the top 1/3 of it that will go excellently under a lot of my LOGO pieces. Oh yes, and a couple of more solid long-sleeved pima cotton tops - Talbot's are divine and only about $20.60 with the 30% off (so much better than Susan Graver's and less money!).   The 30% off is on everything in your order except it wasn't on the specially-priced sweaters.  They are supposed to be going back up to $69.50 (the price on the tag) tomorrow but I guess they'll be 30% off that during this sale.

So @gidgetgh, did you do any damage today? Since each store has different selections of merchandise,   I'm sure I'll be going back to another store during this sale - which goes through next Wednesday 11/9. I just had to go today to get that cable sweater deal and I'm glad I did.

@Pearlee- I went this morning and got a price adjustment on two sweaters that I've bought in the last few weeks (the cable yoke sweater).  One I had actually paid full price for (gasp!) and the other I had used the $10 coupon.   I came home and ordered another one in a color they didn't have in the store. 

I'm seriously thinking about ordering a second of the Sterling silver rope bangle bracelets. I had it in my cart and then removed it. I'm hoping that after family and friends is over maybe they'll do accessories at 40% off. So...l'll roll the dice and wait and see.  I absolutely love that bracelet. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  I expect there to be another 40% off any full-priced item coupon (if not jewelry) among the many upcoming sales for the holiday, to get people into the store.

The cable yoke sweater you are referring to isn't the same as that cable sweater on sale today is it?  Today's is all over cable.  And in very pretty colors indeed!

Would you stack the two bracelets, wear one on each wrist, or just have it as a backup?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@gidgetgh  I expect there to be another 40% off any full-priced item coupon (if not jewelry) among the many upcoming sales for the holiday, to get people into the store.

The cable yoke sweater you are referring to isn't the same as that cable sweater on sale today is it?  Today's is all over cable.  And in very pretty colors indeed!

Would you stack the two bracelets, wear one on each wrist, or just have it as a backup?

@Pearlee- different sweater. Mine is A31689, the cable yoke sweater. I have it in red and the darker pink and ordered it in the darker blue. 

On the bracelet, probably a backup. 

Respected Contributor

Talbots sales have definitely taken away from my Q purchases (including Linea-sorry Louis)

Esteemed Contributor

I have my eye on a scarf . I am waiting for Black Friday when I expect Talbot's will have 50% off one item as they have had in past years. As the store is a mile from my house. I generally pick up something in the morning and return for another 50% off item in the evening.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I have my eye on a scarf . I am waiting for Black Friday when I expect Talbot's will have 50% off one item as they have had in past years. As the store is a mile from my house. I generally pick up something in the morning and return for another 50% off item in the evening.

@queendiva  Thanks very much for the reminder about the 50% off!  Smiley Happy

@gidgetgh  there 'ya go for that second bracelet.   Hang tight.....

Honored Contributor

I've been checking out a cashmere sweater...maybe I'll cave with this discount.  

Honored Contributor

If anyone's looking for something to spend their money on- LOL, I LOVE the rib knit striped henley.  It's on sale now and I just ordered a backup of one color and got the additional 30% off.

I have this henley in all three colors.  It looks blah on screen, but in person, it is sooooooooo soft.  The purple is my favorite, but they all are great.  I've worn them a few times already even though we're still in the 80's where I live.

My sister bought 1 and I bought the other two colors for her for her birthday in December.

I bought a backup in the purple (astor) this morning.  I live a very casual lifestyle- jeans and a shirt and this is a really great, soft shirt.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  That henley looks really cute; I didn't notice that at the store I was in yesterday so thanks for pointing it out.  I'll look for it this weekend. I like the aster color the best.  I already have a gray striped casual top and the turq. looks a bit too springy.  I'll have to try it on.

I'm going to repurchase the Aran cable sweater poncho I bought yesterday if we get an item at 50% off on Black Friday, and then use a reward on it. It was pricey at $129 (I got the 30% 0ff) but that will be much cheaper.  The reason I didn't use my reward on it yesterday was that I was hoping I could get it at a better price within my 90-day return time, but I love it so I wanted to have it.   But I hope that works out for me at the end of this month, even if I have to order from Tabot's warehouse from one of the stores I got to if it's out of stock.   That deal and my reward will improve the price greatly!