Honored Contributor

TALBOT'S 40% OFF ONE REGULARLY PRICED ITEM

Nov. 10th-13th, as least for cardholders.  Not sure what the deal is for non-cardholders.

Someone on my Friends and Family thread was looking for a 40% off deal.... so here it comes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TALBOT'S 40% OFF ONE REGULARLY PRICED ITEM

Talbot's moving into mall in my town.  Never shopped there.  Any advice re quality and fit would be appreciateed.  Thanx.

Honored Contributor

Most Talbots items are too boxy for me.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Talbot's moving into mall in my town.  Never shopped there.  Any advice re quality and fit would be appreciateed.  Thanx.

Items, imo, are very overpriced prior to the sale--same with other retailers.  I used to shop there, but most items, as mentioned above, are a bit boxy.  I think the quality is decent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

Items, imo, are very overpriced prior to the sale--same with other retailers.  I used to shop there, but most items, as I mentioned above, are a bit boxy.  I think the quality is decent..

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee- thanks!  Maybe I'll buy that second bangle bracelet!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme  Never buy an item at full price because, at others have said, they are overpriced. However, there are frequent sales and deals going on, such as the one above and the current one at 30% off entire purchase.   

You can get T's clothes practically dirt cheap when they have their "Red Hanger" sales - end of season clearance sales where the percentage off is an additional one to the already-marked down clearance prices (some marked down several times).   I never pay full price for anything. In fact, I bought a rather expensive poncho (see my Friends and Family sale thread that's recent) at 30% off and I may re-buy one at 40% off now which will save me quite a few bucks and return the first.  Although I'm waiting to see if there is a 50% off coupon for Black Friday on one item which will save me even more.  Anyway....you can get very,very good deals at Talbot's.  I find the clothes run small. I'm a size medium and take a large in most of their sweaters.  I've only found one style of pants of theirs - ever - that fit me right. I don't buy pants there.  There are lots though that I do find, esp. on clearance sales.  They have pretty darn nice scarves by the way, both indoor and outdoor..

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Pearlee- thanks!  Maybe I'll buy that second bangle bracelet!

@gidgetgh  You are welcome. Although offering 40% off now makes me think there very well may be a 50% off one item for Black Friday, which will save you another $20.  I think I'd wait -- because the 40 off one item comes around fairly often.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

Thanks for the sales and sizing info - that will come in handy!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  One more tip. I'm not usually one to sign up for a store's credit card, but I really do like having this one.   There are many great perks, including 15% everything (additional to any other discounts) the first day you sign up for one, accumulate I forgot how many points and you get a $25 reward to use on a purchase (not necessarily your next one if you don't want to - you have quite a while to use it), 15% off your entire purchase one time during your birthday month, an extra day advance notice of sales, and the perk for the Friends and Family sale was there was a one-day only, the day before the sale started for the public but already applicable to card holders, to purchase a very nice cable knit sweater - retail for $69.50, for $39.50.   I bought three colors of it it was so nice.  

I have also bought beautiful Pima cotton long-sleeved tees there this season for only $20 a piece.  Even at the regular price of $29.50 those are a bargain and at 30% off they are just over $20.   Their cotton tops are wonderful quality much better than a lot of cotton tops sold here for much more money plus S&H charges.

Happy Shopping