Honored Contributor

I got this in the mail today (it resembles a check) and I also got an email coupon today  (whoohoo! multiple uses!).  It's $20 off any purchase - new or clearance.  Good thru 9/23.

Respected Contributor
I received the same $20 check in the mail today.😊
I'll probably stop in store over the weekend and see what sales are going on..
Trusted Contributor
That's strange... I always get there or $20 off coupon in the mail and an email. Didn't get either And I haven't heard anyone else talk about it. Good for you two though😁
Respected Contributor

I must not shop enough at Talbot's.  My coupon was only $15 off.

Honored Contributor

I got the $20 coupon. I used it in person to buy a pair of jeggings. And used it online this morning tomorder a long sleeved v neck t. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

i received a $15 off "check" in the mail.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I got the $20 coupon. I used it in person to buy a pair of jeggings. And used it online this morning tomorder a long sleeved v neck t. 

oh great @gidgetgh....you got to use it twice?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: TALBOT'S $20 Off Coupon

[ Edited ]

@lulu1 wrote:

I must not shop enough at Talbot's.  My coupon was only $15 off.

@lulu1  and @sunshine45   That's the amount I used to get before I spent enough to become a Premier cardholder.  Now I get $20 and free shipping, but I spend more!  LOL

Sunshine45, you can use it both instore and online (but write down  the online code before you surrender it in the store or use it online first).  Also, if you get the email with it, you can use it however many times you print out the email.  I have four stores in my area so I can keep using it.  And I know at least one of the T stores (the one I'm talking about in the thread where I discuss a 40% off coupon) they let me use however many I print off, as long as each item is rung up separately with a separate coupon.  They don't want me running around to the other three T stores so they honor as many coupons as I print off.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45

Mine was actually a $15 "check"  too.  I doubt I'll use it as I seldom find anything I must have.  I do not think I've bought anything major in over a year.  I'd been eyeing a winter coat and when it was 50% off, purchased it.  In subsequent weeks I watched the price go lower, then higher, then all over the place.  Like many retailers, Talbot's plays games with prices and unless you watch their prices frequently, you seldom get a real deal.

The old Talbot's  I loved.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45

Mine was actually a $15 "check"  too.  I doubt I'll use it as I seldom find anything I must have.  I do not think I've bought anything major in over a year.  I'd been eyeing a winter coat and when it was 50% off, purchased it.  In subsequent weeks I watched the price go lower, then higher, then all over the place.  Like many retailers, Talbot's plays games with prices and unless you watch their prices frequently, you seldom get a real deal.

The old Talbot's  I loved.

@lulu1  I remember when you were contemplating buying that coat!

What I put in red is the reason I have a high return rate to Ts (which they've never complained about) and also because of their 90-day return policy.  If I buy something, I have no problem re-buying it later at a lower price and using the first sales receipt (if within my 90 days) to return whichever one is unworn so that I end up with the lower price. Oftentimes I haven't even yet worn the first one.  But if I have, I'll return the second brand new one with the tags attached using the first receipt.  If T wants to play price games, I'll play.  And I'll try to use it as much to my advantage as I can.