Honored Contributor

Re: TAKE OFF YOUR JEAN JACKETS!

It was last night or a few nights ago that a vendor (can't remember if it was Anybody or what) was wearing the dress I think in black and a white jean jacket over it, while Leah was wearing the dress with a sweater or something over it too.Both never took the jacket off and I don't remember any models wearing it without something over it.

The vendor said she just wanted to show how it could be dressed up!

I kept waiting for her to take the jacket off at some point.

I think we know what the jacket looks like by now but you could hardly see anything of the dress.

So ridiculous. You just want to yell at the screen.

I think too something must be wrong especially with too big arm holes or something.

The entire time she is talking about the great dress while you couldn't see any of it! Crazy! You have to laugh.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I wish QVC would get it together it is beyond annoying!  Last week I was watching and the host and the designer asked the models their height and what size they were wearing it was all good until they got to the plus size model who told them she was wearing a 1X, the host and the designer both repeated 1X but QVC kept posting XL on the screen?

Respected Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I wish QVC would get it together it is beyond annoying!  Last week I was watching and the host and the designer asked the models their height and what size they were wearing it was all good until they got to the plus size model who told them she was wearing a 1X, the host and the designer both repeated 1X but QVC kept posting XL on the screen?

She may very well have been wearing a 1X in that particular garment. The graphic that comes up for each model contains her general information -- it is not changed for each garment she wears during a show.

Esteemed Contributor

@jonbonthanks for the insight on that.  So if the model wears an XL which I don't think she does because she has modeled several other items and has stated that she was wearing a 1X a customer watching could take it to mean that she had to size up from her "normal" QVC size.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 When I’m trying to decide what size to purchase, a model’s height and size she’s wearing is useless...give her measurements.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus- I agree the measurements are more helpful but until QVC realizes that we pretty much have to stick with the information they give.  Once I see how the bust fits and the click here measurements for the garment I'm pretty much good to go I don't really rely on how the plus size models look because most of the time the item that I really want is covered up with a jacket or something.

Honored Contributor

So true.  Having one model with a jacket is okay and the two models without a jacket so you can see the full length of the dress.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

By the end of August, Dennis Basso will be showing faux fur jean jackets. Lol

Honored Contributor

Today its the same Anybody vendor with the very same white jean jacket on over everything! She never takes it off.She wore it a few weeks ago too.

That is just so not a good way to promote what she is trying to sell.

Almost like she is not liking the way it looks on her.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

This is a pet peeve of mine, and it's not only jean jackets. Isaac's models have a maddening habit of wrapping one of his scarves around their necks when they're modeling shirts. It's hard to see how the neckline looks. Or they put on one of his sweaters over the shirt so it's impossible to see the length, sleeves, etc. If the hosts and models are selling a product - just wear the product!