Honored Contributor

Re: TAKE OFF YOUR JEAN JACKETS!

Shawn had the TSV on yesterday and when she showed the dress with no jacket, you could see that the dress was cut terribly around the upper armhole. It did not lay flat. The armhole was literally gapping.

Honored Contributor

@x HedgeThe day I saw Susan ask the model if she was okay to take off her jacket, I had the distinct impression she wanted to be sure the model was totally dressed!

I do agree we need to see the style and fit of necklines, sleeves, bustline etc. even though I think I wear something such as a jacket or sweater or even a scarf over a huge percentage of my outfits. 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind as long as there is at least one model wearing just the top or dress.  The others are there to show different ways of styling the item.  

But if every single model is wearing something over a top or dress, forget it.  I'm not interested.

Trusted Contributor

Don’t forget the long hair, scarves & jewelry hiding something we want to see.  Also, lately, it seems to me that the models hardly move.  You can watch an entire presentation, & not be shown the back of something, or be told what the actual fabric is.  “Soft, cozy, comfy” & other descriptions are not fabrics. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think a denim jacket is any warmer than a polyester cardigan!  

I'll take denim over cotton or cotton/poly anytime before polyester over polyester.  I know, SG, says it is not hot!

Respected Contributor

I thought that about the LOGO dress yesterday.  Why cover it up if it is so perfect?  I realize some ladies don't like their arms to show but most of the ladies yesterday were young and had nice arms!

Honored Contributor

I actually thought the dress yesterday was cute but Lori said she never shows her arms meanwhile she was wearing a shrug that did a peekaboo pit thing that was just bizarre! LOL personally, if given a choice, I'd rather see your arms

As to the over styling? I think Isaac is the worst

Respected Contributor

I think Trinity11's comment says it all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't mind as long as there is at least one model wearing just the top or dress.  The others are there to show different ways of styling the item.  

But if every single model is wearing something over a top or dress, forget it.  I'm not interested.

The problem with that is that they will put a jacket or cardigan over the biggest model while the thin model can wear it alone.  I have returned items when the arm holes are too big, and they are bigger on the larger sizes, obviously.  Have a range of models for every item, and show the piece as is.  Put on or take off jackets through out, but at least show all the models wearing the item alone at some point during the presentation.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

This thread reminded me of what I saw during the Marla Wynne show last weekend on HSN. She walked over to the models and was talking about how they each looked different in the same item. One of the models, apparently Marla got frustrated at how the stylist dressed her because she was undoing knots and muttering something like "what did the heck did the stylist do." I was laughing because I immediately thought of the Q stylists and their love of piling on layers and adding things that are at times unnessecary, hiding what the actual one piece looks like.