Honored Contributor

I love a jean jacket as much as anyone. I own many in black, white and several in various washes of denim.

When showing a top or dress, how can we see the fit if hosts and/or vendors are constantly covering up w/ a jean jacket?

Please lose the jackets and show us the garment.

Honored Contributor

Re: TAKE OFF YOUR JEAN JACKETS!

Take it as a hint that something is not right w/the top or dress and/or the same does not fit the model quite right.  They need a jacket to cover the defect of the outfit.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I love a jean jacket as much as anyone. I own many in black, white and several in various washes of denim.

When showing a top or dress, how can we see the fit if hosts and/or vendors are constantly covering up w/ a jean jacket?

Please lose the jackets and show us the garment.

Yes, it has turned into the freaking Q uniform. They must have a warehouse full of them. We know some people don't show their arms, all well and good, but show the shirt or dress without a cover-up for those who want to see it. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

They show all the summer fashions with a jean jacket - who is going to be running around all summer wearing a jean jacket when it's 90 degrees and 100% humidity.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Take it as a hint that something is not right w/the top or dress and/or the same does not fit the model quite right.  They need a jacket to cover the defect of the outfit.

That is exactly what I think.  If you want to show what it looks like with a jacket on, then do that.  But have the model take the jacket off at some point.

I remember once when Susan Graver was by a model and she wanted her to take the cardigan/jacket/whatever off, Susan actually said, "Are you okay to take this off?" or something to that effect.  She wanted to be sure the model would still look okay before having her take that layer off.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

That is exactly what I think.  If you want to show what it looks like with a jacket on, then do that.  But have the model take the jacket off at some point.

I remember once when Susan Graver was by a model and she wanted her to take the cardigan/jacket/whatever off, Susan actually said, "Are you okay to take this off?" or something to that effect.  She wanted to be sure the model would still look okay before having her take that layer off.

I agree. I always think the arm holes are cut wonky, or the back yoke puckers, or the zipper looks lumpy and they're covering it up.

Why else would they not let you see the whole thing they're trying to sell you?

Say what?  You're just STYLING it for us?

Honored Contributor

I have several jean jackets and usually only wear them Spring and Fall, I agree lose the jackets.

Respected Contributor

Yes, when they were showing the Logo TSV dress, I was trying to look at it and nearly every model had something on top of it whether it was a jean jacket, long vest or other LOGO top!

Honored Contributor

I agree!!! I get so mad when they do this.  I want to see what it looks like by itself to get an idea on how it looks.  That's what I hate about Logo too.  They layer so much you can't get a good look to make a decision.  

Respected Contributor

Totally agree, if I can't see the item, then I am not buying it!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it